OK I have another one

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by wolftracks, Nov 29, 2011.

1. wolftracks

wolftracks Spam Hunter

Nov 6, 2009
    Modesto
    This is one of my savage cat survivors. I can't find all my info for what I hatched back then, but I THINK she's a blue JG. Am I wrong? If so, anyone know what she might be?

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. stormylady

stormylady Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 27, 2008
    Illinois
    Quote:Its just me again, I don't know if she is a Jersey Giant but if you look on the bottom of her feet and they are yellow it could be a JG. Thats about all i know about the breed. But you probably already knew about the feet thingy. [​IMG]

3. wolftracks

wolftracks Spam Hunter

Nov 6, 2009
    Modesto
    Quote:Its just me again, I don't know if she is a Jersey Giant but if you look on the bottom of her feet and they are yellow it could be a JG. Thats about all i know about the breed. But you probably already knew about the feet thingy. [​IMG]

That's why I thought that's what she was, plus I had a few shipped eggs. So I figured she was. If I remember right she's BBS. That'll work. She would have been even better if the cat hadn't scared her so badly. Stupid cat.

4. ramirezframing

ramirezframing Overrun With Chickens

Mar 2, 2011
    Knee Deep
    could be

5. BANTAMWYANDOTTE

BANTAMWYANDOTTE Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 2, 2011
    Kentucky
    Ok I have a few ideas........the JG is a nice breed in that coloration but it looks a bit to unlike a JG.....

[​IMG]

see the green leg coloration and the indication that the bottoms of the feet are yellow???? your bird has willow shanks ......

Could it possibly be .....

A Blue Maran?

[​IMG]

A Blue Plymouth Rock?

[​IMG]

or a Blue Orpington?

[​IMG]

Just some ideas....each of these breeds are very rare with a blue coloration and they are all excellent additions to any flock so either way ......... I'm sure you'll be pleased...... I just thought I'd offer a few more possibilities.......I'm leaning towards Orpington strongly due to the size, body type and leg/shank color of your bird...It looks like an orpington to my eye...The coloration is similar to a Blue rock but they have yellow legs and Marans tend to be a bit larger but it is still possible it is a Maran for they too have willow shanks.......but I could be wrong........what till she lays, if the egg is extremley dark brown it is a maran and if not then Id say orpington.....

6. stormylady

Dec 27, 2008
    Illinois
    I was wondering how old the chick in that picture was? it looks very young to me. and what color are the legs they look slate or black to me?

7. PeakyBeaky

PeakyBeaky Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 27, 2010
    Bellefonte, PA
    Could also be a Blue Wyandotte-they don't always have yellow legs like they are supposed to.

8. shelleyd2008

shelleyd2008 the bird is the word

Sep 14, 2008
    Adair Co., KY
    Quote:Doesn't have the correct comb for a wyandotte.

9. stormylady

Dec 27, 2008
    Illinois
    Deleted sorry

Last edited: Nov 29, 2011
  10. stormylady

Dec 27, 2008
    Illinois
    Is there anyway that you could get better pictures of her/him? maybe a different angle. I looked on the BBS Jersey Giant thread and she really looks like one of them. But the picture is looking a little funky (angle wise) like she has a teeny tiny body, and big head and little feet.
    Also age, color of the the legs and feet, the legs look black in the picture to me? but you can see a little yellow on the edges. and does she have a single comb? I may be alittle blind but I can't see it too clearly. what color is her skin? According to Hendersons chicken chart is should be yellow. Thanks Sandy
    [​IMG] This is from Henderson Breed chart and it looks very much like your chick but maybe little older.

Last edited: Nov 29, 2011

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by