Ok... Meet "Cocoa".. Can anyone guess what breeds my parents are?

Quote:
THANK YOU!!
smile.png

Quote:
I wish I could have found this earlier , lol, i was going to vote cayuga as one of the parents with those dark legs. I have a cayuga x mallard that turned out similar.

Lol... I didn't want this to go on too long, someone was going to see the eggs I have on auction, and the parents are listed there. I didn't want anyone to cheat
big_smile.png

well, you never know what you're REALLY getting when you dont buy from a hetchery. keep in mind how genetics work (CORRECT ME IF IM WRONG). when people breed ducks and find one that looks nice, you keep crossing the son over the mom which ends up being mom and son, mom and son/grandson, mom and great grandson/son and eventually you get to a point where the mom is also the great great great great great (etc) grandma of her mate. in the end, all the babies should look the way you intended. thats how most breeds come about. gross, i know, but thats why kennel clubs wont take some breeds of dogs; they've been crossed too much or are not yet acknowelged. it seems to me you have some swedish or duclair in the blood line (they look very similar!), it is what my fiance calls a "throw back". it means there is an uncommon chance that genetics from far away may come back, but it does happen. you sure have cute little buggers though!

Last edited:
Thanks for all the helpful info
thumbsup.gif
I know genetics could go back pretty far. I usually get nice white crested babies too with HUGE "poofs". In my opinion, I like the mixed colors better sometimes, they are nicer to look at
smile.png

Back
Top Bottom