OK...Tetra Tint question....

I am still wondering if they lay brown eggs? The reports are conflicting. Most that I have seen say brown, but few say white. Can anybody tell on their chicks, mine are still really young.

Quote:
Thank goodness someone asked, because I thought I must just be an idiot when I saw the bin at TSC and didn't know! I even felt too shy to ask when I was there in case it was some sort of obvious chicken knowledge that I was ignorant of--
lol.png

I'm not so sure that "Tetra Tints" are the same "Tetras" on the website. The Tetra Amber is said to lay dark brown eggs.
Tetra Tints are said to lay very light cream colored eggs.

This is a thread I started for those of us interested in this new breed/hybrid: https://www.backyardchickens.com/forum/viewtopic.php?pid=6009799#p6009799
If
you have Tetra Tints, PLEASE share photos of yours as they mature! Mine are only 2 weeks old, but I will be sharing photos weekly or so.

They are such sweet birds, I adore mine!!
smile.png

OH my tetra tint looks just like yours Yoie! Lil black on her head and everything
smile.png
Mine are 4 weeks old now. I thought my brown ones where the Tetras but I think those are Sex Links and the whites are the Tetra Tints. How do you add a picture in here?

Quote:
My girls are from TSC too & 3 are like this!! Here is one of them... I have no stinkin clue what they are..

I also have 3 Red girls.. Still no clue
roll.png

I just bought 6 chicks from TSC. 3 were the Tetras (which they had wrong on the sign. They called them Tetra Tings) and 3 were Golden Comets. They look exactly like your pictures of the darker chicks. They had two dark gold stripes down their back. Hope this helps.

Scott

Sorry,haven't been on in a while.
My Tetra Tints are still all white...they definitely seem to be a smaller chicken.I need to buy a new cam and take pics soon.I will keep taking them so we'll all know what exactly they are,and what color eggs we get! Still waiting on a full grown TT pic!!

Back
Top Bottom