ok to let my duckies outside?

vtsarahb

Songster
10 Years
Apr 16, 2009
Bradford, VT
my 1-week-old ducklings (4 blue swedes) are looking at me like they want out of their box! it's supposed to be warm here this weekend (80 degrees!) so I was thinking about setting up a little pen in my yard for them to hang out in for a few hours.

Is this ok to do, or are they still too young? I would be there to keep an eye on them of course.

Well, I let them out today for about an hour and they LOVED checking out the grass, bugs, etc. It's too cute how they follow me around the yard
big_smile.png

Oh, I'm so happy to see this thread! It's supposed to be 84 tomorrow, the duckies are a week old tomorrow and they are very active. I wanted to put them outside to play for awhile. I think I'll put up a play pen for them so they can play in the grass for awhile!! I have someone coming to buy duckies, so it will be nice if they can see them outside instead of coming inside where it smells like DUCK and boiled duck eggs all the time.

Yay! Summer weather!!!
ya.gif

(I love knowing how to add these Smilies now!)

I had mine out as soon as the weather was warm and sunny. I had a box tipped on it's side so they could hide if they were frightened by anything. Now they are out free ranging and think they are hot stuff showing the new baby goslings around. They are a hoot to watch!

Back
Top Bottom