OK, WHERE ARE MY EGGS GOING........

texaschickmama

Songster
12 Years
Sep 19, 2007
Poolville, TX
So production is down, way down. I mean I have 13- 10 month old BO and used to get like 10-13 eggs a day. Today I got 4 count them, 4. They are in the coop all the time, so they are not hiding them from me. If I had a snake then I would think that I would at least catch it in the act because I am out there about 5 or 6 times a day. What gives?

I am haveing the same issue. Tomorrow.....full coop clean out. Nest boxes coming down...all straw out...everything. If there is a snake, I will most likely find it.
barnie.gif
th.gif
<~~That will be ME if I do!
Other than a snake...im thinking spring molt?? Maybe?? I know I am haveing issues with the neighbors Guineas coming in, and eating the feed....wondering of they are getting the eggs as well?? I hope you find the culpret!

Me too I usually get 20 today I only got 14. Whats going on??
barnie.gif
but 4 wow you are really down, I wonder I hope they are not eating them, but if you are out there that many times, I would not think that is it.

Don't ask me. I have one hen that didn't lay all week. She was separated by herself so I could collect her egg to incubate and no egg. No molt either!

I'm at my wits end with these girls. Do they usually molt this young? They are not egg eaters at all. I'm just wondering what the heck is going on. I really need a hidden camera out there. That way I could catch whatever is going on. It might just be molt time, I don't know.

I did not even think about my dog attack. It happened on Tuesday maybe mine stressed from being scared to death, and my poor EE had her tailfeathers ripped out. Could be my problem.

wow, I have been having this problem as well... never entered my mind about a snake.... ROFLMAO I was thinking they like to either try and hide them from me or the mice are sneaking some.....
lau.gif

The weather across the whole country has been so weird. Hot, cold, hot, cold. Maybe the weather is affecting all of them??? Just a thought! I hope production picks up soon for everyone!
D.gif

my girls went through the same thing last spring. I finally concluded they were molting. Even though they all did not drop feathers, I think that they took a little break to let the body rest and rebuild their energy reserves. They started laying again in mid-summer and hit full production volume by fall. Keep the faith.

Back
Top Bottom