Ok!! Why do Zip Lock Bags leak ?

The seams are just not strong at all in ziplock (or generic ziplock bags). You'd think they could improve the seam integrity after all the years the product has been out, but nope!

We oftentimes will freeze our fish in ziploc bags full of water. I have very little problems with leaks. I would say about one bag out of every 3 boxes I buy will leak. Are you getting the ones made for the freezer or just the general purpose?

Quote:
Right, I had to vent I'm sick & tired of fighting this. There very expensive & sux. Sorry. They never work. I buy the best ones but nope they don't work.

I make homemade chicken stock and I swear one in every 4 leak (I use the double kind). I have a freezer full of leaks.
I'm going to learn to can some day.
idunno.gif

Quote:
The best. I freeze my fish in these bags with water & wipe the bags off so they won't stick together never works they leak.

Quote:
I was thinking the same thing... I will only buy the freezer ones... even for baked cookies... they are a much better product

We do the same with fish. Try this, after filling and zipping the bags closed, stand them up in a plastic container of some type (we use a large rectangular shaped tupperware container that holds 5-6 bags side by side). Make sure the zip area is pointed up. After they freezer remove them from the container and store in whatever direction you like.

Works well for us and we freezer fish, dove, wild turkey, quail....etc all this way

Hope this helps

Back
Top Bottom