Okay, few more questions....

I was typing when you posted. That is a fascinating link. It’s been added to my library. Thanks for posting it. I was so busy reading I almost forgot to get back to this thread.

Okay, couple more questions. LOL sorry. What should I do if the 21st day comes and I don't see any hatching? Also, if they do hatch, how long do they stay in the incubator before I put them in the brooder?

Okay, couple more questions. LOL sorry. What should I do if the 21st day comes and I don't see any hatching? Also, if they do hatch, how long do they stay in the incubator before I put them in the brooder?
Wait until day 22...lol I'd give them a good 48 hours after "hatch day" then candle/water candle. How long they stay in the bator in my opinion is a personal decision. Many people wait until the hatch is complete and all the chicks are "fluffed" up before they move them to the brooder. I move mine periodically during the hatch after they are warmed up and active. I also keep my humidity extra high so opening the bator poses less of a risk to pipping chicks.

Wait until day 22...lol  I'd give them a good 48 hours after "hatch day" then candle/water candle. How long they stay in the bator in my opinion is a personal decision. Many people wait until the hatch is complete and all the chicks are "fluffed" up before they move them to the brooder. I move mine periodically during the hatch after they are warmed up and active. I also keep my humidity extra high so opening the bator poses less of a risk to pipping chicks.
thanks again AmyLynn.

I put the eggs in the incubator on March 5th. So today is the 21st day. If there is no pipping by tomorrow night, should I assume they won't hatch?

I put the eggs in the incubator on March 5th. So today is the 21st day. If there is no pipping by tomorrow night, should I assume they won't hatch?

nope, give them up to 24, cooler temps can cause later hatches. Also candeling the eggs will give you an idea of whats going on inside. I would leave them be until at least 22!!
thank you.

Back
Top Bottom