Okay here are the updated pics of the party

Quote:
I think you can 'fondant' already made...Or at least the local grocery store around here use to sell it..That is if I am thinking of the same stuff...

As for games....duck duck goose is always my first thought...haha
But really a pinata would be fun for them, pin the wings on the fairy, you could give them there own little bag of 'pixie dust'(just different glitters in small bottles), scavenger hunt(with 2 year olds it might be hard with words, but you could use pictures for the clues),They could make there own fairy wings(nylons, wire coat hangers, glitter, clue, sparkles--maybe have the wires already bent for them), you could have them make there own fairy wands(small wooden dowls and foam stars or whatever shape again glue, glitter and sparkles). Trying to think of other ideas for them....Will go rack brain some more and see what I can come up with...

I wish I had your brain! You are coming up with the most creative ideas. I need to steal you for my girl scout troop! I wonder how hard it would be to make a pinata! I love the pin the wings on the fairy!

Quote:
Thank you...I LOVE theme parties...Each year our kids have themed b-day parties, and then when Jason was deployed I sent him so many themed boxes it wasn't funny. But boy did I have fun putting the boxes together...

I have personally never made a pinata (well in school but that was many moons ago). I know Wally's World around here sells premade pinatas and they do have Tinker Bell ones.

More games...lets see what can I think of.....
They could make there own fairy shoes(just take a pair of sock and let them put all kind of sparkles on them--socks are cheaper than the slippers/ballet slippers)
Being they are 2 years old it's kinda hard to find stuff they don't wanna put directly into there mouth or anywhere else and glitter and what not can be so messy.....BUT IT'S A PARTY RIGHT..HAHA
wee.gif

This is something I did for our older daughter and now do for our younger daughter....When they loose a tooth we set a 'tooth fairy' trap...It's simpily a plate with some flour on it. We place it by there bed and when the tooth fairy comes she ends up walking right into the flour and then there are little foot prints all over the girls when they wake in the morning. Even some foot prints on there pillow case and blanket. Yep even on the face and maybe arm. (Barbie has the same size foot as the tooth fairy by the way
ep.gif
) So if you are going to have a throw away table cloth (or even a large sheet of paper) on a table you could take a stamp pad or even a little paint and have 'fairy tracks' going across it. The kids might like that.
Or even do miniture stuff...have a little doll house(miniture) tea cup and plate set out, or even little furniture in different spots (if it's warm where enough to go outside you could set up little fairy houses at the base of trees or along the house anywhere and have the kids try and find them. Maybe have clues to where the next one is at and so on. Then at the end or last clue have something simple like a bubbles for them to blow....
I guess these last few are more geared towards activities more so than games....But I will keep thinking...

I love the theme party's also, but never been as creative as you. I love to go all out on the kids birthdays. I had 2 parties growing up one when I was 6 and one when I was 10. I want every birthday for my kids to be special even when I have to do it on a budget. I always feed the entire family on the kids birthdays but this time I am thinking about doing finger sandwiches. Maybe some cheese and crackers. I have a whole box of metal hangers and my older daughters have tons of pantyhose that they have put holes in. I think that the pinatas at Wal Mart are like $20, which to me seems like alot for something they are tearing up. Well I am off to walmart when I get the kids to school. I am going to get food coloring and start practicing making the cake.

well I bake and decorate cakes out of my home and you can absoulty make homemada fondant !!!! I would NEVER but it it tastes terrible !!! The fondant hat I make is called marshmallow fondant it is so easy and taste really great and it is not expensive . I will go dig out my recipe now and I will be back in a few minutes to post it for you .

Quote:
I've never used the store bought stuff. I just know that they used to sell it at the local store here....

Yeah $20 for a pinata is a little spendy. I wouldnt' spend that either. I really don't think they are that hard to make, patients is needed....which I don't know if I could handle it...hahaha
Actually at Micheal's (the craft store) up here they actually sell this plaster type strips of stuff for making pinatas'. Otherwise I think newspaper, clue, and water around a balloon might work....It's been so long since I actually tried to make one.....
You'll have to post pictures of everything when you're done.

O.K. here is my recipe !!!

1 16 ounce bag of mini marshmallows

2-5 tablespoons of warm water

1 - 2pound bag of powder sugar

In a microwave safe bowl put entire bag of marshmallows ans 2 tablespoons of water ( If you want it a color other than white add your color to the water BEFORE adding to the marshmallows)

Microwave on high I do 30 seconds at a time . When they are real fluffy mix all together if theya re not completly melted and smooth then do 30 seconds again until they are smooth .

Add about 1/2 of the powder sugar to the bowl and mix real good then grease your cookie cutting sheet or countertop if you don't have one pour out the mixture onto counter add rest of powder sugar greasse your hands real good ( do not use liquid oil use crisco or store brand ) start kneeding this is a hard and kinda long task you need to get all of the powdered sugar mixed in wuith no lumps left . you will need to re greasr your hands and counter top if they get sticky .If you cannot get all the powder sugar mixed in add water but only 1/2 teaspoon at a time . when you get it to a firm stage with all of the sugar mixed in wrap it in saran wrap while you clean up the counter and your hands .

when you roll it out you will again need to grease your counter and rolling pin and may have to repeat it. with fndant you need to rool it out thin do not attempt tp roll the entire recipe at one time . Are you making the wonder doll pan ?? If so then about 1/2 is all you will need for her skirt. roll it out thin about 1/8-1/4 inch thick.

you will need it about 20 inches round to cover doll body . First you will need to cover doll with buttercreme icing so the fondant has something to stick to . then roll the icing up onto your greased rolling pin start at one side of doll base and unroll fondant onto cake the grease your hands up and start smoothing it will take a little while to get it smooth and you will need to cut off the extra fondant a little at a time it will streach with you it will alsotear so be careful when you cut it .

Decorate with butter cream flowersdand a border at the bottom cut a small hole in top to insert doll into then decorate doll top with buttercream ( It is to hard to do the top with fondant unless you do it alot) .

Good luck !! And it taste good , it is cheap , you will be so proud !!!

Thanks. I don't know if I will try to make a pinata. I want to but I tried last year and then when I painted it the day of the party it moistened the glue and it all fell apart, after alot of work. lol oh well I might try it again. I will definately post pictures from the party. It's on the 31st so I have a little time. Not much, it takes so much to get ready for parties in my house! I think I am going to try to make that fondant today as a practice run. Well see how I handle it.

Back
Top Bottom