okay i set my jumbo mix quail eggs on the on march 23rd

destinydot6

Songster
8 Years
Mar 12, 2011
and stopped turniing them on april 6th and today is day 18 for them and 1 hatched is that early for them or is it late for them and im only going to have 1 out of 100?
they are different kinds of jumbos like texas A&M and tuxedo and so forth.
idunno.gif
any body?

Most sellers will try to sell all coturnix as Jumbos. To be honest, The ones that are worked on the most are the Texas A and Ms/Jumbo Whites and the Jumbo Pharaohs/Jumbo Browns. You REALLY have to work on the birds to get other colors to be anything remotely in size.

Now with your eggs, they should hatch 17 days, sometimes I get them to hatch on day 16-18 so give them a day or two extra.

You are fine. Just sit back and watch the show...or get some sleep
big_smile.png

Which ever you need.

Barring any miscalculation of the real set date; incubator farts, or whatever, coturnix can hatch anywhere between day 16 and day 21. For me, they generally hatch between day 17 and 19. They can hatch short or long of that day, but you you should get a bulk hatch, which is hard to miss. Just don't try to over monkey with things, or bust them out
wink.png

Quote:
thanks but when i got up this morning there was 2 bad eggs that xxxx and man that smell but so i seen 1 had pipped and didnt make it! was it cause the bad smell? is my whole hatch ruined? i only got the 1 out of 100 i took eggs out so no more smell but i dont know how long the smell had been there1:barnie

Back
Top Bottom