Okay, really?

Maybe they're New Yorkers.

We used to say that the first thing a New Yorker does when he hears there's a horrible storm or blizzard about to smack him in the face, is get in his car. 'I have to go buy some cigarettes'. 'We're out of tabasco sauce'. 'We need pickles'.

One day Hubs decided he needed to go SHOPPING, right in the middle of the worst blizzard of the year. Took the worst possible road too, the windiest, smallest road with a low spot that ALWAYS gets icy in bad weather. Even people that live on the road don't try to go east on it, they go all round the houses when the weather starts to ice up.

He ran off the road in the low spot, hit a tree, and totaled out his car.

Or I actually could give an incident that JUST NOW HAPPENED.

We saw dark clouds so I ran in to check the weather map, saw a series of scattered storms coming our way, so we ran like mad to put a tarp over the coop, put in the chickens, put away all the tools, and I said SEVERAL TIMES we need to get in RIGHT AWAY! Big huge drops, sky turning black.....

Suddenly, I see lightning touch down at the next property line, I glance out to the road and GAHHH! Right through the trees I see lightning come down! I yell out, 'come in, lightning!'

WHERE IS HUBBY??????

Sauntering down the drive way at a very relaxed pace, dragging the trash can, heading right toward the last lightning I saw.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom