Okay, seriously, when is this site going to slow down!?!?!?!?!

OK I think I am a little late but I am kind of in #1 but I am not really internet savvy. So there should be a 4th option as well.

Last edited:
OOOH MAKE IT STOP
Nifty your giving me a headache can't we just be happy about all the new people including me.
woot.gif

Do you periodically send out e-mails to members who haven't posted in six months or longer? It seems to me that it is better to count the members who are still active in the community, and delete the accounts of members who are no longer active, making room for new members.

Quote:
We sent out newsletters every once in a while to everyone. We're also looking into ways to re-engage people who tried to signup but had problems loggin in and/or posting.

Regarding culling members, we've talked about this, but we've realized that:

1) It is pretty standard for forums to keep all their member accounts (i.e., the do not cull their member listings)
2) There aren't really any benefits from removing "old" members. (they don't really use up much space in the DB)

I fall into the second category. I had in my mind what type of chickens I wanted and a lot of really stupid ideas about how to do things until I found this site. It has been the best resource. I finally took a few minutes to read the history of the site and I am so glad for your persistence in making this forum work.
smile.png

I am so eggcited to have found this site...Im a newbie and totally addicted...it is so nice to have the wisdom of others at your fingertips...so many questions so little time...thanks to BYC for helping me be the best mom to my little flock...keep up the good work!!

R U kidding me? This forum is the best thing that could have happened to me. I'm in catagory #2. I got some free chickens and wanted to "learn". I never knew there was so much chicken info out there. Now thanks to all the info and enablers my poor dh is building more coops. I've gone chicken crazy!!!

Thanks a billion for all of your time and effort building this forum.
woot.gif

Back
Top Bottom