***OKIES in the BYC III ***

Thank you! I am hoping to not be a Lawtonian soon. I need a few acres and allot less rules. Hopefully I meet some of you lovely people soon.
fl.gif
frow.gif

Quote:

There are lurkers that live in the Lawton area...they are super nice people, a couple are retired army and an army wife down there too! When you start going to the auctions, you'll meet some of them then. Just talk about cooking and cornish...
big_smile.png
and you'll meet one of the best guys around!

My new asil stag i got from Saladin, courtesy of Cuban_longtails. Thanks Tara
smile.png
63027_img_20111113_094614-1.jpg

63027_img_20111113_094656-1.jpg

63027_img_20111113_095019-1.jpg

63027_img_20111113_095104-1.jpg

The pullet i have him with, she came from prairie chicken.
63027_img_20111110_113153.jpg

63027_img_20111110_113001-1.jpg

Quote:
Just seeing pictures of what he cooks can make you gain weight!

We have got to go to more auctions ourselves, we used to go to swaps and sales all over. Once we ran out of cages at a swap in Ks. and hauled birds back just loose in the car. As luck would have it they stayed seated for the trip home.

I've been up a couple hours but still need more coffee.
caf.gif

Chicken nugget (the lonely silkie chick) seems to be doing alright. S/he spends a lot of time talking sweetly to his/her stuffed bunny. I still think it's my luck that it'll be a roo.
lol.png

More coffee. Then on to homework. I don't wanna do homework.
sad.png

Quote:

We have got to go to more auctions ourselves, we used to go to swaps and sales all over. Once we ran out of cages at a swap in Ks. and hauled birds back just loose in the car. As luck would have it they stayed seated for the trip home.

The first auction my wife and I went to was at Fletcher...we didn't bring any cages was just going down to meet people...with all the BYC help we had...ended up buying a cage and bringing home our first OEGB pair.

You were lucky they stayed put...I had a guinea get out of cage once in our Jeep....that was an immediate "pull over" situation!
gig.gif
lau.gif

Quote:

The first auction my wife and I went to was at Fletcher...we didn't bring any cages was just going down to meet people...with all the BYC help we had...ended up buying a cage and bringing home our first OEGB pair.

You were lucky they stayed put...I had a guinea get out of cage once in our Jeep....that was an immediate "pull over" situation!
gig.gif
lau.gif

I can only image how that was, we have been to sales with no intention of buying anything, thankfully it was dark when we left and teh birds just slept in teh back seat.

Good morning all, a very long shift this weekend, I couldn't even begin to keep up w/ the posts.

Okla, awesome quilt as always.

cute baby chickies, adorable small serema chickens, awesome stag and mate, and pretty chicken pics in general.

to the newbies
frow.gif
from Henryetta, and
welcome-byc.gif
and the Okie thread.

To those of you proficient in chicken math (and you KNOW who you are)
gig.gif
I have a new math it's garden algebra here is one example: 3P + L 0'PP + WC = BBT

The solved equasion is 3 pigs + lots 0' pig poo + wood chips = big beautiful tomatoes

I just found a source for free 4her's pig poo and wood chip bedding.
celebrate.gif

Quote:
like soonerr said, me and hubby, coop101, Poco(coral, in Haskell) there a a couple tulsans, Betsy near tulsa.... there some east of here Tahlequah, Stillwell.....

jump right in! there is also some planning for a poultry swap next summer sometime

Back
Top Bottom