***OKIES in the BYC III ***

The Lawton regulations are so broad that if anybody thinks my chickens are a nuisance then I have a problem. It does not define what a nuisance is so if someones dog gets in my yard or if one of my chicks ends up being a rooster and crowing too much according to my neighbors I am in trouble I guess. I am sure if I trapped someones dog there would be heck to pay. I already know one of my neighbors hates all animals and is not above lying to animal control. So I will be extra careful.
Quote:
I hear ya on the chicken eating dogs, was cooking supper last night and heard a dog barking, looked out an saw a black pit/lab mix digging under the fence to try an get in the chicken yard. Ran her off and went over to my neighbors to tell them their dog was trying to get in my chicken yard. Neighbor says that is not our dog, she just hangs out here. Needless to say the dog has been there all summer, had a litter of pups there, have seen her tied up there, they have been feeding her................. but she ain't their dog ? What the heck, so anyway said , guess you won't be upset when I shoot her then, since she is not your dog, and I am not going to have her kill my chickens and turkeys, hm, guess we will see how that turns out. Had to spend a hour fixing the hole she dug and the fencing that she destroyed. No animal control where we live since it is a rural area and there are no city ordances out here. Thats my rant for the day about dogs that are allowed to destroy other people animals. And dang it dinner was an hour late, lol.

Last edited:
Oh.My.God.
This bird is hilarious and so darling lol! Just crows his little butt off like a big guy
smile.png
Except he sounds like a baby just learning to crow, so funny.

I will try. I really do want some bantams. I just don't know what breed. So far my chickens are like mmy dogs. They chose me.
big_smile.png

Quote:

Good luck just being a spectator. Especially if there are any BYCers around.
thumbsup.gif

Quote:
yippiechickie.gif
yippiechickie.gif
welcome-byc.gif
yippiechickie.gif
yippiechickie.gif

You have found a wonderful group of folks who live all over the state of Oklahoma and or have ties to Oklahoma. We are in the OKC area, Tulsa area, Lawton area, South central Oklahoma area, Panhandle, Muskogee area, and Eastern Oklahoma area.. . . just to mention a few areas
smile.png

If you look up CityClucks, there is a link in her signature line to the location of the Okies. Here is the list https://www.backyardchickens.com/web/viewblog.php?id=22131-okies-by-location

Welcome
thumbsup.gif

Am I the only Lawtonian?
Quote:
yippiechickie.gif
yippiechickie.gif
welcome-byc.gif
yippiechickie.gif
yippiechickie.gif

You have found a wonderful group of folks who live all over the state of Oklahoma and or have ties to Oklahoma. We are in the OKC area, Tulsa area, Lawton area, South central Oklahoma area, Panhandle, Muskogee area, and Eastern Oklahoma area.. . . just to mention a few areas
smile.png

If you look up CityClucks, there is a link in her signature line to the location of the Okies. Here is the list https://www.backyardchickens.com/web/viewblog.php?id=22131-okies-by-location

Welcome
thumbsup.gif

Quote:
welcome-byc.gif
I'm just South of Glenpool...there actually quite a few of us in the Tulsa and surrounding areas. Lurking is good...posting and introducing yourself is better. Welcome to the Okie board! If you've been lurking then you know before long, due to chicken math, that 6 is going to increase exponentially. Barred Rocks are neat looking birds...you'll have to post pics soon
wink.png

Quote:
yippiechickie.gif
yippiechickie.gif
welcome-byc.gif
yippiechickie.gif
yippiechickie.gif

smile.png

Welcome
thumbsup.gif

There are lurkers that live in the Lawton area...they are super nice people, a couple are retired army and an army wife down there too! When you start going to the auctions, you'll meet some of them then. Just talk about cooking and cornish...
big_smile.png
and you'll meet one of the best guys around!

Back
Top Bottom