***OKIES in the BYC III ***

So far my mixed hatches have done very well. I usually hatch out Buff Orpington, Black Australorps and assorted Silkies. I keep them together in the brooder, then into an 8x12 hoop coop and when they get old enough, they get separated into breeding pens or sold, as the case may be. Doesn't seem to be any problem between the two larger breeds and the Silkies.

I have Black, White, Splash, Blue and Cuckoo Silkies that I am breeding.

I have a White smooth feathered Cochin with a White Frizzle Cochin pullet, but she has not started laying yet. I also have a Black and White Frizzle Cochin rooster with a White smooth feathered hen, but she is not laying at the present.
Ooooh, I'd love to see some pics of the cuckoo silkies!

Quote:
yuckyuck.gif
Thanks for reminding me of that again!
lau.gif

Sonny is definitly boy- look at the dfference a week makes- he is really amazingly calm, i think i have found my LARGE breed... he is 12 inches at the shoulder and from what i have read, won't attain full growth for another year, he has lost 3 toenails so far to frostbite, am hoping that is the extent of it

Wow what a difference a week makes! He must have been super starved and/or anemic to look so pale and bad at his age. :( SO glad he has you to take care of him now!

Lookie what I just unpacked!!!
love.gif
It's a young jubilee orpington rooster to go with my two girls. Wow he is stunning in person and HUGE! He's in quarantine right now can't wait until he's cleared to go in with the little ladies! They aren't laying yet so no harm I just love to get pictures of each breed TOGETHER.

I looked through an online "breed chooser" tool to choose what chickens I wanted. I chose docile breeds and picked from those. One of the breeds that came up was the Rhode Island Red, so I got one. Well, actually, I got two, because the hatchery gave me an extra which turned out to be a rooster. Anyway, the rooster, of course, is very dominant, but so is my female (or what I assume is a female). She jumps on the other chicks, she has no tail feathers yet (all of my other breeds do), and her incoming comb is the same as the other RIR I am sure is a rooster. Are RIRs generally a little more aggressive? Did I actually get two roosters? The "female" is stretching in the first pic and seems as tall as the other. She is darker and has a dark band down her head. The roo is about a head taller and is very light. Any thoughts??

Haha, I am so dumb.
roll.png
I was wrong about my camera all along.

My camera is a 12x optical zoom point and shoot camera. It is only worth about 300 dollars, new. Not 700, like I have in the past said.
lau.gif
So, please, by all means, don't believe my camera is that expensive!!! D:

Okay, my little moment of realization is over. You can go back to your lives.
tongue.png

Back
Top Bottom