***OKIES in the BYC III ***

I am breeding towards NaNa, I do have several Nana for 2 reasons, I want size in my flock too, so if I get a larger bow tied girl who is also large size I keep her anyway since NaNa is the easiest to breed back in, and b/c I love variety so if I get a pretty feather color / pattern / dark fm skin who is also Nana I keep it again b/c it is easy to fix the Nana next generation once you get a cool color or pattern, or top knot or whatever you are going for. I only keep a NaNa male no matter what that way all offspring will have at least one Na.

I also got a set back in the NaNa last year when my great NaNas were killed the birds I had left who survived the attack were mostly Nana. (b/c they were broody moms in a different enclosure.)
So as far as NaNa/nana/Nana what is Rudy? Does it only stand for/affect the neck area? So Rudy is NaNa with something else causing no other feathering? Hope the questionnaire isn't driving you nuts

So as far as NaNa/nana/Nana what is Rudy? Does it only stand for/affect the neck area? So Rudy is NaNa with something else causing no other feathering? Hope the questionnaire isn't driving you nuts

Not at all. I do not know for sure if Rudy is NaNa or Nana, since he also is ScSc (scaleless) which trumps Na. Sc has nothing at all to do w/ Na. If an English Orpington had ScSc it would be just as naked as Rudy.

NaNa affects more then just the neck feathers, over all a naked necked chicken will have half of more fewer feathers then a nana chicken. I was looking for the drawing I saw about the feather placement for NN, but basically they have fewer to no feathers along both sides and the underneath.

Quote:
Because every time I see her, I think of that Hairclub for Men commercial (This is Milo, and this is Milo with hair!). She has feathers on her neck, but they're very thin, and if she stretches her neck out it's definitely like male pattern baldness.

Not at all.  I do not know for sure if Rudy is NaNa or Nana, since he also is ScSc (scaleless) which trumps Na.  Sc has nothing at all to do w/ Na.  If an English Orpington had ScSc it would be just as naked as Rudy.

NaNa affects more then just the neck feathers, over all a naked necked chicken will have half of more fewer feathers then a nana chicken.  I was looking for the drawing I saw about the feather placement for NN, but basically they have fewer to no feathers along both sides and the underneath.

That explains the statistics I've read about their feathering which I found confusing at first. I could not figure out how a NN has less than half the amount of feathers of other breeds. Knowing its not only the neck area affected makes alot of sense. I would assume there's less of a mite/lice problem as well?

That's Tractor Supply's own brand, and I bought it at the Skiatook store. I'm not going to be able to get to the feed store until Wednesday or so, and it needs time to ferment, so I picked up what was convenient. I bet I don't EVER buy this stuff again.

I just bought the same food at the same store!! I thought it looked funny but had no idea how low grade it was until I just read all of the above. Should I take it back??

I just called tractor supply and told them what was going on. They told me to bring in the bag and some of the food so they have proof to show producers pride what was wrong with the food. And I am getting a full refund. If you call and let them know too we have a good chance of getting it fixed.

lau.gif
Rudy's a hoot, Kass lol!! Love him.
This really good English Lop breeder offered me too good of a deal to refuse
roll.png

So I accidentally got 4 more rabbits. These are the ones with 12" and way longer ears. I'm going to go broke getting all these guys spayed and neutered, somehow there's 11 of them now-jeez. Boys & girls are all separated though so at least I won't have baby Buns to worry about. Here's 1 of the new ones, she's the twin sister of my other 3 mo old English Lop.

And OMG! The coolest looking Guinea Pig brothers!! Ashley,your son would love them! They're like teeny rabbits.

Back to catch up now!
oh my to much cuteness
love.gif

Back
Top Bottom