***OKIES in the BYC III ***

I've been "birthing" chickens this afternoon. One hatched w/o help the rest required help (my incubator has issues) Every egg I helped is still alive, but I have 2 I am concerned about and several still "on the half shell" Taking a break to see if they can make it the rest of the way.

Good luck!

Nana this is my set up. No incubator thermometer. Added meat thermometer Fancy digital. wow the humidity is up. There is no water in the pan.
The Fancy digital read good temps when that little sensor was on the side. It read way to hot when I moved it to the center. The incubator was up to temp before I put the eggs in. It dropped for 2 days after putting them in. Got it back up to 99.8 with the sensor on the side. If it started reading more accurate after placing it in the center was that "day" give or take of to much temp enough to cook them and I need to throw this batch out and start over or wait a few more days and candle.
If the sensor in the middle is over 100, then adjust it as close as possible. A reading from the side may not be an accurate reading. The temp on the floor of the incubator will be slightly different than the temp on top of the eggs. Humidity rises when the eggs are incubating. I would wait a few days and candle.

Kassaundra....sure hope all the babies make it thru icu.

I have chicks hatching today too. So far 7 are out and one more has pipped out of 10 from the Hovabator. Had to tweak the shelf turners in the cabinet incubator.

The ones in icu are still alive, a couple I really doubt are going to make it to morning. Here are some pics of those that made it to the brooder, a couple aren't pictured since their pics turned out blurry. Taking pics of hours old chicks isn't really easy! lol

These two came out feathered, my two roos aren't double gened and a several of my hen aren't double gened so this is always a possibility, at least one looks bearded though.

The one in the back I've been calling Gypsy girl (b/c of her face)

all the rest of these are the same girl I'm calling Beautimous
love.gif

all the rest of these are the same girl I'm calling Beautimous
love.gif

Georgeous babies! Can I use these photos for inspiration for a watercolor painting? I'm doing a series of chick paintings, and I think this chick would fit in perfectly. I'll send you an original painting in exchange, if you say it's okay.

If the sensor in the middle is over 100, then adjust it as close as possible. A reading from the side may not be an accurate reading. The temp on the floor of the incubator will be slightly different than the temp on top of the eggs.
Humidity rises when the eggs are incubating. I would wait a few days and candle.

Thanks Nana. It is in process. There is a difference between the 2 thermometers but there was a difference from when the digital was on the side to being put in the middle. I hope I didn't cook them.

Georgeous babies! Can I use these photos for inspiration for a watercolor painting? I'm doing a series of chick paintings, and I think this chick would fit in perfectly. I'll send you an original painting in exchange, if you say it's okay.

Absolutely go ahead, she is a looker isn't she! lol

Back
Top Bottom