1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

***OKIES in the BYC III ***

Discussion in 'Where am I? Where are you!' started by Buckguy20, May 9, 2011.

1. vebi

vebi Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 7, 2010
    Guymon, OK 73942
    Trying to start a swap and sale meet in Guymon. Talked to the manager of Tracter Supply and he is all for it. Would be in there parking area. What procedure do you go through with the city, if any? Thanks , Bill

2. doubleostud

doubleostud Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 10, 2008
    Stillwater, Oklahoma
    Quote:dont know but ill be seeing my folks out there in texas county next weekend so if u will have it up and going so i could pick up something that would work for me. i wonder if u couldnt get a plug on the boss or 107.5 that may be the easiest way to get the word out

3. Okla-doodle-doo

Okla-doodle-doo Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 8, 2008
    Portland,Tn
    So sorry Joe. Wish I was there to help you take care of the birds ,I would in a minute. Don't get rid of all your birds,you need to keep some to keep you busy. Focus on getting thru one day at a time.Please find a friend to talk with.

4. old*cowboy

old*cowboy Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 26, 2011
    arapaho, okla.
    Quote:Sorry to hear you are going thru this. It is tough for sure. Wish I could tell you it will be easy but it wont, for awhile atleast. Will be praying for you.

5. old*cowboy

Apr 26, 2011
    arapaho, okla.
    Quote:You probable know teach, get him envolved. He will be an asset (took a minute to put the et on that). Best thing to do would be talk with the city office. May have to buy a permit may not. If it is going to be a regular thing, the city will probable try to make a little off it so best to talk to them and get everything hashed out up front.

6. old*cowboy

Apr 26, 2011
    arapaho, okla.
    Quote:dont know but ill be seeing my folks out there in texas county next weekend so if u will have it up and going so i could pick up something that would work for me. i wonder if u couldnt get a plug on the boss or 107.5 that may be the easiest way to get the word out

102.7 out of Liberal had a morning trade show about 9:30 in the mornings called radio bay when I lived up there. Could call during their hours and get a free plug. It is a shame you cant find a place with a little shade and trees. That parking lot will be hot as blazes on the animals.

7. old*cowboy

Apr 26, 2011
    arapaho, okla.

When you go and come back from the panhandle how do you go. If you come down 412 east out of woodward, you will travel 12 miles south of my house, come by and look at some birds.

8. doubleostud

doubleostud Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 10, 2008
    Stillwater, Oklahoma
    old*cowboy :

When you go and come back from the panhandle how do you go. If you come down 412 east out of woodward, you will travel 12 miles south of my house, come by and look at some birds.​

sounds good i may do that depending on how the kids are doing, hopefully i can load them down with some food and that will give me enough time for stop at ur place

9. Buckguy20

Buckguy20 OKIE MOSES

Apr 13, 2007
    Choctaw Oklahoma
    Banjoe, I too wish I could help.
    I will also pray and I second the idea of finding a friend or someone to talk to.

10. vebi

vebi Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 7, 2010
    Guymon, OK 73942
    old*cowboy :

Quote:You probable know teach, get him envolved. He will be an asset (took a minute to put the et on that). Best thing to do would be talk with the city office. May have to buy a permit may not. If it is going to be a regular thing, the city will probable try to make a little off it so best to talk to them and get everything hashed out up front.

Thank you for the info, probably just have it during the cooler months. Maybe start about the middle of Sept. Second or third Sat. after lunch. I am sure Teach will be interested......​

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by