1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

***OKIES in the BYC III ***

Discussion in 'Where am I? Where are you!' started by Buckguy20, May 9, 2011.

1. sjarvis00

sjarvis00 Chillin' With My Peeps

May 4, 2009
    Shawnee, OKlahoma
    Quote:The splash of teh Dun birds is kaki. So still light brown, lighter than Dun.

2. NotSuperWoman

NotSuperWoman Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 14, 2011
    My Humble Manor
    Quote:I bought Golden Lace Wyandottes from a man in Inola. I love them! I can't say if they are show quality because I am a novice. But I think they are beautiful. I can pass on his number if you find none closer to you.

The ones I bought were Juveniles, but I do know he just hatched another batch of chicks recently. I am going to pick some up for a friend tomorrow eve.

Angela

3. GotGame

GotGame Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 13, 2010
    NE of OKC
    I still want to cross dun and blue and see what you come up with

4. sjarvis00

May 4, 2009
    Shawnee, OKlahoma
    Quote:the shawnee Show will be a collection of at least 5000 birds, coop in friday evening open to the public saturday morning and most of the day and evening, then again Sunday morning, coop out sunday afternoon. There will be many breeds and varieties of each present, sales pens for the exhibitors, sales in the parking lot for others. Several Poultry Clubs, Breed Clubs, will hold meetings and dinner. Presentation of awards recogonition of top showmen, breeders, and youth. All in all a good time for everyone that will leave you needing a nap sunday afternoon.

5. sjarvis00

May 4, 2009
    Shawnee, OKlahoma
    Quote:Dun with Lav. is Platinum.
    Dun with andalusion would be an interesting combination as both are expressed best as 1 copy of teh gene and both present with lacing, may be interesting.

Last edited: Aug 17, 2011
  6. GotGame

GotGame Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 13, 2010
    NE of OKC

Not self blue, andalusian blue

7. artsyrobin

artsyrobin Artful Wings

Mar 1, 2009
    Muskogee OK
    Quote:yep... betcha you are right too! nasty little things!

i got a surprise this afternoon, coral brought by my new goose from Bill! She is so soft and sweet!

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

8. sjarvis00

May 4, 2009
    Shawnee, OKlahoma

Not self blue, andalusian blue

I had to edit the previous post I made see above.

9. vebi

vebi Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 7, 2010
    Guymon, OK 73942
    Quote:I know of a man that has Dottes and Astrolorp chicks in the Tulsa/Inola area. [​IMG]

Thanks for the quick response! We do already have birds - the oldest group are about 6 months old, the youngest are about 2 months old. We have 3 barred rock hens, 2 buff orpington hens, 1 New Hampshire roo, 2 Rhode Island Reds, 2 Welsummer, 1 easter egger, 3 bantam D'uccle mille hens, 1 bantam D'uccle roo. With the exception of the batams, they are feed store chicks. We have room for more as the hubby is fast and furiously remodeling our current coop.

SOOO, what we are looking for now . . . . we would love to begin acquiring some non hatchery birds, possibly even some our two young boys could show. We did bite the bullet and order some eggs from a seller on BYC. We are expecting BLRW and RIR eggs this week - yeah! We would love to have some Gold Laced and/or silver laced wyandotte, and Marans (LOVE the dark eggs). This is a big chunk of our family fun - we have a 6 year old who cannot get enough of "the big girls" - HA! So, whatever we end up with has to be willing to be LOVED on a lot - no meanies.

One last thing - we heard about a poultry show in Shawnee in December . . . what goes on there?

It used to be the biggest show in the area and may still be. Last time we showed there was probably 12 years ago. Had champion feather leg with a white cochin bantam....

https://www.backyardchickens.com/forum/uploads/103360_rubberchicken.jpg

10. upcdayz

upcdayz Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 20, 2010
    Oklahoma
    Quote:the shawnee Show will be a collection of at least 5000 birds, coop in friday evening open to the public saturday morning and most of the day and evening, then again Sunday morning, coop out sunday afternoon. There will be many breeds and varieties of each present, sales pens for the exhibitors, sales in the parking lot for others. Several Poultry Clubs, Breed Clubs, will hold meetings and dinner. Presentation of awards recogonition of top showmen, breeders, and youth. All in all a good time for everyone that will leave you needing a nap sunday afternoon.

What are the dates for the Shawnee show in December?

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by