***OKIES in the BYC III ***

she said "They are all acting fine... I know it came out of one of them this morning. When I let them out into the run this morning, everybody was pooping... this was there and still... dripping. "

Here are some of my new flock members.

This is a shy little guy, an adorable Muscovy drake, from Shelbydog. He makes an "aaaaah aaaaah" noise when I hold him. He has intensely expressive eyes. Maybelline should look into a gold/orange eyeliner for dark-eyed women.

This is a cross-beak hen from Robin. Her condition is severe, yet she is able to eat, drink, and forage as well as her contemporaries. I don't think she is laying, but I often see her in the nest. She's sweet and friendly. I'm really happy to be able to provide a forever home for her.

These are my new Chocolate Silkies. They are broad-breasted and very sturdy. This was their first opportunity to dust bathe. What a sight! It was like watching Bugs Bunny dig a hole in fast motion. Dirt was flying everywhere.

I forgot to post the waterfowl photos. Dusti, your girls are getting big, big, big. One of them laid an egg a few days ago. I need to hunt through the tall grass by their pen to see if they have hidden a nest in there.

If anyone would like to adopt a Toulouse goose, I have one available. He/She has a cosmetic condition called angel wing. This makes her left wing unsightly, as the feathers flip outward at the tip rather than laying flat. I'd like to keep my goose, because he/she is so good with the ducks and chickens, but my husband is anxious to have him/her re-homed.

Dusti, the fawn-and-white Indian runner ducks are as tall as Kendall. I'm anxious for the hens to start laying. I have a bunch of egg recipes I want to try with duck eggs.

Here are some of my new flock members.

This is a shy little guy, an adorable Muscovy drake, from Shelbydog. He makes an "aaaaah aaaaah" noise when I hold him. He has intensely expressive eyes. Maybelline should look into a gold/orange eyeliner for dark-eyed women.

This is a cross-beak hen from Robin. Her condition is severe, yet she is able to eat, drink, and forage as well as her contemporaries. I don't think she is laying, but I often see her in the nest. She's sweet and friendly. I'm really happy to be able to provide a forever home for her.

These are my new Chocolate Silkies. They are broad-breasted and very sturdy. This was their first opportunity to dust bathe. What a sight! It was like watching Bugs Bunny dig a hole in fast motion. Dirt was flying everywhere.
your ducks eyes are gorgeous! how fun. im lucky to have my 3 babies as it is. my daughter wants a bunny and i even read somewhere that they are good for winter warmth but he wasnt impressed lol

your hen is beautiful too. the farm i picked up my 2 new additions had a bird with a cross beak as well. he said it eats and drinks fine too. its amazing :)

the coloring on ur silkies is impressive. its amazing how natural the dust baths are. when we took our babies out of the brooder and into a run the first thing they did was eat some gras and kick up some dust. it was so cute. the gold one was as brown as ur silkies!

Now, everybody else is in trouble because I hold you all responsible for this! This is Harley and Buttercup; I picked them up at the aucton tonight for my granddaughter's birthday present. The problem isi couldn't get them sexed until after I bought them, and I may need to rehome poor Harley unless I can figure something out. And it's all y'alls fault for showing all those cute bun pics! Now, just try to see these two without going d'awwwwwwwwwww.
Adorable!! They look way super young, it may be too early to sex, it's not easy to sex them anyway. There's more than a few Tulsa area vets who spay and neuter. There's a guy here in Guthrie that only charges $75 for a neuter. Look up Tulsa rabbit vets and you'll find quite a few. If that 1/2 black & 1/2 white faced one turns out to be the boy and the other a girl, I'll take him :-D that's a cool looking rabbit.
Back to the pets and edibles.... I had a friend once that liked parrots as I did and actually babysat for my birds when I left for somewhere. I hooked her up with a breeder and she bought a conure from them. The conure became impossibly bonded to the wife (the friend) and extremely aggressive with the husband. Parrots do that often enough. Anyway, she felt that he (the bird) was so unhappy not being able to have his 'mate' (the friend) all to himself - she killed him. I asked why she didn't try to rehome him - the reply was that she didn't want it to just go and happen again. Sigh. The breeder was furious when she found out, don't blame her. I was furious too. Never spoke to 'the friend' again. Don't know if she was conflicted or not about it - it didn't seem like it...of course, I couldn't see past my own issues to really find out. In fact, never gave the possibility a second thought until now. :(
She killed her bird because he loved her too much...?? :-O I probably would've....I don't know....got it a MATE...? Poor thing :-((
ok, mystery from a friends hen, year old hen laid this- any clues?
I pulled that thing out of the back end of one of my Seramas the other day lol It was a real soft shell that came out in a long spiral.
The auction in Coweta last night was a lot of fun. Dusti, Kelly, CathieSue, Rinda... I really enjoyed visiting with everyone. The sale ended around midnight, so I was able to collect my cages and new silkies before I turned into a pumpkin. I bought five lovely chocolate silkies. An extravagance, I know, but I want to have a sweet little hen for Leon, the frizzle roo from Mitzi. I'm impressed with how solid and stocky these silkies are. They look very young. I'll take some pictures soon. There was an egg in the sale cage, but that doesn't mean anything. I'm hoping it's not a plant. I got a really nice wire cage for twenty dollars. It came with a waterer and feeder. It looks nearly new. I hear noises from the back bedroom. Looks like my free time is over.
I'm so glad Leon gets girls! My guess is he thanks his lucky stars every day to be living with you instead of back here in a pen with his brothers lol
Oh, they're pretty!! I've never seen that color! Those girls and Leon will make gorgeous babies. I feel bad about your goose :-( Makes me wish i could take him but we just gave our 3 ducks away and once Ashley has her 3 ducks back that I'm babysitting, I'm staying out of the water fowl business. They're just so messy.

Back
Top Bottom