***OKIES in the BYC III ***

I saw the same one, that's where I got the info. There is another one from a guy in the heat of Texas, sounding like an expert on the subject of making sure your chickens stay cool and his chickens are walking around him panting like mad! I thought it was very funny!

Last edited:
I agree that we are more humid than in Arizona, but if you try it out this way: place a brick in a plastic tub. Fill with water 3/4 of way up brick. Brick will wick up the water. If the brick feels cool (and in our OK winds, that makes them cool despite our humidity), then that is what the chickens feel through their feet. As their feet (with combs and panting) help cool them, standing on a cool brick really helps. Try it!
When my chickens had feathers (not NN) they used the way out of the pans of water, they all waded all summer and loved it. I still have pans of water down but my NN don't seem to use them

Wow erinszoo!; When it rains it pours, they always say. Have already been praying over your misfortunes with the neighbors. May God provided and be with you through this setback also. I've never seen the like of sickness and afflictions as what is upon us these days. If ever we've needed faith in the Almighty, it definitely is now..
X2

I think were going to have to take a risk and just move as well, ready or not. Looking at 20 acres near Pawnee right now.
We talked about it for years. Glad I finally got the guts to do it. We aren't as far out as is like. We are about 5 to 7 miles from Duncan. We decided that was safer in case the kids got sick. Besides we really loved the land and liked the house.

Last edited:
That article was dated May 17. The city council put the restriction back in so chickens are out in OKC.
As for Luther... Folks on water back road have chickens ...we bought some cages from there. Luther police Department would know.

Seeing the doctor next Wednesday about the results from the MRI to discuss surgery options on the shoulder. He will aspirate the knee after seeing the results of the bone scan...should help for now so maybe no surgery on the knee...yet.

Still working on the list. But will have several Cochin/Wyandotte x pullets and cockerels. Some look more Cochin and a few look more Wyandotte.
There are also some really nice Buckeyes..both pullets and cockerels....might group them as trios.
Will try to post some pictures.....

Luther is Oklahoma county right? are they in Oklahoma city proper? according to wikipedia they are in okc city limits, i would think thaat would mean not chicken friendly?

are you on facebook? i found this group that might help you find out
https://www.facebook.com/okcchickens

and this news article i thought was funny
http://newsok.com/backyard-chickens-are-ok-in-oklahoma-city-for-now/article/4826599/?page=2

Quote: According to the ward map, they are not in OKC limits, just barely beyond.
Guess I'll be making some calls today.

Back
Top Bottom