***OKIES in the BYC III ***

Quote: Really, I just sometimes look at land for sale within 30 minutes of my work when I need a break at work. It never came up with anything that worked until I found this cute little house on 5 acres for a steal. The comparable land in Choctaw (same price, same acreage) has an awful old, falling down trailer house on it. (nothing against trailer houses, but this one was baaaad and the same price as a clean, updated house)

Luther is Oklahoma county right? are they in Oklahoma city proper? according to wikipedia they are in okc city limits, i would think thaat would mean not chicken friendly?

are you on facebook? i found this group that might help you find out
https://www.facebook.com/okcchickens

and this news article i thought was funny
http://newsok.com/backyard-chickens-are-ok-in-oklahoma-city-for-now/article/4826599/?page=2
Luther is SO NOT Oklahoma City...it is hard to imagine that it might be technically. The fact that you have to drive for miles through country then through Arcadia, then through more miles of country... I would be interested in what you find out.

Afternoon all, it has been a long time since I've been here. And I'll admit I'm here with an agenda of sorts.

I've got two chickens, down from four. One that is probably a red sex link and a small bantam of "who the hell knows" that came from Atwoods 2 years ago. I'm too busy with a new job to take care of them the way I want to.

They are both a bit flighty and standoffish but are good layers. The bantam likes to go broody a few times a year. I adore them but just don't have the time anymore. I would like them to go to a good home.

I'm in Tulsa. Please message me through the forum if you want to inquire about them.

My mom shared this joke with me. I want to share with you.

Fred was in
the fertilized egg business. He had several hundred young'pullets,'
and ten roosters to fertilize the eggs.

He kept records, and any rooster not performing
went into the soup pot and was replaced.

This took a lot of time, so he bought some tiny
bells and attached them to his roosters.

Each bell had a different tone, so he could
tell from a distance, which rooster was
performing.

Now, he could sit on the porch and fill out an
efficiency report by just listening to the
bells.

Fred's favorite rooster, old Butch, was a very
fine specimen, but this morning he noticed old Butch's bell hadn't
rung at all!

When he went to investigate, he saw the other
roosters were busy chasing pullets, bells-a-ringing, but the
pullets, hearing the roosters coming, would run for
cover.

To Fred's amazement, old Butch had his bell in
his beak, so it couldn't ring. He'd sneak up on a pullet, do his job
and walk on to the next one.

Fred was so proud of old Butch, he entered him
in the Brisbane City Show and he became an overnight sensation among
the judges. The result was the judges not only awarded old Butch the
"No Bell Piece Prize," but they also awarded him the
"Pulletsurprise" as well.

Clearly old Butch was a politician in the
making.

here a some pic of my half polish half cochin chicks i had a few years back they were both roos for comparison.

this is what they looked like grown up

Thanks for the pictures. They helped me out as well.
That article was dated May 17. The city council put the restriction back in so chickens are out in OKC.
As for Luther... Folks on water back road have chickens ...we bought some cages from there. Luther police Department would know.

Seeing the doctor next Wednesday about the results from the MRI to discuss surgery options on the shoulder. He will aspirate the knee after seeing the results of the bone scan...should help for now so maybe no surgery on the knee...yet.

Still working on the list. But will have several Cochin/Wyandotte x pullets and cockerels. Some look more Cochin and a few look more Wyandotte.
There are also some really nice Buckeyes..both pullets and cockerels....might group them as trios.
Will try to post some pictures.....
Put me down for 1or 2 pullets of ea. I'm not going any more roosters except the NN. By the way, I still haven't rehomed or found anyone to take and process the birchen boys and Tarzan. I'm sure I already know the answer to this, but if I bred one of the birchen boys to one of my showgirls, would it be inujured since they are so big? I just thought, I'd love a cross like that. I'm happy for you that u don't have to have surgery on the knee for now. very painful, but well worth it afterwards, though. Looks the the graft is taking so far
ya.gif

Really, I just sometimes look at land for sale within 30 minutes of my work when I need a break at work. It never came up with anything that worked until I found this cute little house on 5 acres for a steal. The comparable land in Choctaw (same price, same acreage) has an awful old, falling down trailer house on it. (nothing against trailer houses, but this one was baaaad and the same price as a clean, updated house)
I sure hope it works out.

@erinszoo I thought I had put you on multi too. I'll pray you find a place you can have peace and be happy at.

My mom shared this joke with me. I want to share with you.

Fred was in
the fertilized egg business. He had several hundred young'pullets,'
and ten roosters to fertilize the eggs.

He kept records, and any rooster not performing
went into the soup pot and was replaced.

This took a lot of time, so he bought some tiny
bells and attached them to his roosters.

Each bell had a different tone, so he could
tell from a distance, which rooster was
performing.

Now, he could sit on the porch and fill out an
efficiency report by just listening to the
bells.

Fred's favorite rooster, old Butch, was a very
fine specimen, but this morning he noticed old Butch's bell hadn't
rung at all!

When he went to investigate, he saw the other
roosters were busy chasing pullets, bells-a-ringing, but the
pullets, hearing the roosters coming, would run for
cover.

To Fred's amazement, old Butch had his bell in
his beak, so it couldn't ring. He'd sneak up on a pullet, do his job
and walk on to the next one.

Fred was so proud of old Butch, he entered him
in the Brisbane City Show and he became an overnight sensation among
the judges. The result was the judges not only awarded old Butch the
"No Bell Piece Prize," but they also awarded him the
"Pulletsurprise" as well.

Clearly old Butch was a politician in the
making.

Love it. It's so good to have a good laugh.

New updare on my DIL
sad.png

UPDATE- KEEP YOUR PRAYERS COMING. TEMPERATURE, HEART RATE AND BPM HAVE JUMPED UP. DOCTORS ARE TRYING TO FIND OUT WHAT IS CAUSING IT. NOT SURE IF IT'S AN INFECTION KICKING IN OR IF IT'S PNEUMONIA. PLEASE DONT GIVE UP PRAYERS YET!!! YOU'RE PRAYERS ARE KEEPING US GOING. KNOWING HOW MANY PEOPLE PULLING FOR US IS SUCH A GOOD OVERWHELMING FEELING. YOU GUYS ARE AMAZING. REALLY HOPE THEY FIND OUT WHAT'S GOING ON.

New updare on my DIL:(
[COLOR=141823]UPDATE- KEEP YOUR PRAYERS COMING. TEMPERATURE, HEART RATE AND BPM HAVE JUMPED UP. DOCTORS ARE TRYING TO FIND OUT WHAT IS CAUSING IT. NOT SURE IF IT'S AN INFECTION KICKING IN OR IF IT'S PNEUMONIA. PLEASE DONT GIVE UP PRAYERS YET!!! YOU'RE PRAYERS ARE KEEPING US GOING. KNOWING HOW MANY PEOPLE PULLING FOR US IS SUCH A GOOD OVERWHELMING FEELING. YOU GUYS ARE AMAZING. REALLY HOPE THEY FIND OUT WHAT'S GOING ON. [/COLOR]

Prayers for you and your family.

Back
Top Bottom