***OKIES in the BYC III ***

Anyone have a cochin hen or an orpington hen to sell? Would like them not to be older than 14 months old. Just want a total of two chickens, and would really love to have one of each.

Ever since I decided to keep my SLW cockerel intact I've been asked what his name will be. I'm not a big chicken namer but I guess since he's not going to be dinner anytime soon I should come up with something.

I've been informed "rooster #1" isn't sufficient.

I'm also being told that my Blue Cochin is too pretty and should be a pet chicken and I should work on taming him. I suppose I'll have to name him as well, I must be getting soft as I grow older.

Ever since I decided to keep my SLW cockerel intact I've been asked what his name will be. I'm not a big chicken namer but I guess since he's not going to be dinner anytime soon I should come up with something.

I've been informed "rooster #1" isn't sufficient.

I'm also being told that my Blue Cochin is too pretty and should be a pet chicken and I should work on taming him. I suppose I'll have to name him as well, I must be getting soft as I grow older.

You could name your slw Kaitlyn, since he is going to wear lace! lol lol lol

Well I finished my PVC chicken run. I don't have a coop in it yet. It's fairly easy to move and I braced it so much it's really sturdy. But I won't do it again cause it's WAY to expensive.
about three years and it will be gone pvc and uv rays don't get along IT gets brittle and the hail stone's tear it up.
Well I finished my PVC chicken run. I don't have a coop in it yet. It's fairly easy to move and I braced it so much it's really sturdy. But I won't do it again cause it's WAY to expensive.

about three years and it will be gone pvc and uv rays don't get along IT gets brittle and the hail stone's tear it up.

I don't have a PVC run but I wanted to make an obstacle course for my kids and it uses some PVC in places. Is there anything one can do to coat the PVC to improve its durability? Perhaps paint it?

I don't have a PVC run but I wanted to make an obstacle course for my kids and it uses some PVC in places. Is there anything one can do to coat the PVC to improve its durability? Perhaps paint it?
that is a good question rustoliume has a plastic paint that has uv inhibitor in it try that

I have a question to ask of y'all.
I came to the conclusion, that my main flock, needed to be wormed. The entire flock of layers, in the main pen, stopped laying in late March, and since then, I have gotten exactly 2 eggs (until today) total. Last week, I concluded that the flock must have picked up a worm, somewhere. My 5 breeder pens, where the hens never mix with the main laying flock, are still laying. But, those eggs are for incubating. I've been relying solely on duck eggs, since returning from California, the first of April. It's providing enough, but, not what it should.
So, Friday, I put Ivermectin and ACV in their water, and DE in the food. Today, I got two eggs from the main laying flock, and there may be more on the floor. But, I'm not opening the coop door, or entering the coop, because I'm forcing them to drink from the waterer, treated with ACV and IM.
My question is this, is Ivermectin like Tylan, in that the eggs ought not be consumed, for a period of time, after treatment? Or, are the eggs safe to eat, right away?
Thanks.

The kids will finish it before the sun. Rhino Liner. They have an off brand you can apply yourself. There is also many different schedules (thickness) of PVC

Back
Top Bottom