***OKIES in the BYC III ***

The grandkids went with me on an awesome chicken adventure today. It was a horse adventure as well. We drove into the country and delivered a hundred baby cockerels to a friend. She's going to learn to caponize them when they are big enough, towards the end of November. We took Gabriel, our horse, and left him with a trainer. The kids got to see lots of horses, goats, ducks, chickens, cats, and dogs. They had a wonderful time. We stopped for lunch on the way home, and both granddaughters told and retold their adventures to the server at the restaurant. The story got bigger and better each time they told it.
roll.png

Hi everyone. I have some BBS silkies and showgirls that I need to sell because I am moving. Most of these were hatched by me, and the ones that weren't, I hand-raised. They are breeder quality birds. My original silkies and showgirls came from Jeansrie.

I can sell them in pairs or I can sell single cock-birds or cockerels if you already have silkies to put them over. For example 1 Silkie cock-bird or cockerel with 1 silkie hen or pullet, or 1 Showgirl cockerel with 1 Silkie hen or pullet. I can also pair up a Showgirl cockerel with a Showgirl hen if you are interested in making completely naked neck silkies with no bowties. I will be happy to pick out pairs for you that I think will produce the best babies, but if you'd like to pick them out yourself that would work too.

They all have dark skin, walnut combs, nice crests, 5 toes on each foot, heavy leg and foot feathering. The SGs could use a bit more feathering on the toes, but they are not bad at all.

They are all between 4 months old and almost a year and a half.

I can take pics of any of them for anyone interested just let me know.

I am asking $25 per pair or $10 per cock-bird or cockerel

I also have 2 splash showgirl hens that are almost a year and a half old for $30 and I can throw in a free splash Silkie cock-bird (proven breeder). He has a few tiny white spots on his comb that i'm positive is fungus, because he would constantly drink from the mud puddles. You can treat his comb with Lotrimin or Monistat and it should go away in about a week or two.

I sold all of my porcelain d'uccles today and some bantam mottled cochins, as well as some welsh harlequin ducks and a pair of American Buff geese. I'm really sad that I need to sell them, but I can't take them with me, and I sure could use the money right now
sad.png

I sold these 2 silkies over the weekend, but I have the trio that produced them and I can sell the trio for $35 if anyone is interested.

I also have 4 Rhode Island Red pullets and 2 Turken pullets available. These are Large Fowl and about 5 months old. One of the turkens is buff with some black in her tail and the other is red, but not dark red like the RIRs more like the color of a production red. I am asking $15 for each of them with a minimum of 2 pullets. So ya gotta take at least 2 of them, but 3 would be better. If you want them all then I'll let all 6 go for $75. I can get some pictures of them too if anyone is interested.

Feel free to send me a private message if you are interested of have any questions.

Thanks,
Jess

Last edited:
I'm not even positive it came from the same pullet as the last biggun. All I know is, I can't close the lid on the egg carton. We're getting 4-5 eggs a day now. I think a few out of our 9 girls are late bloomers.

Back
Top Bottom