***OKIES in the BYC III ***

Does anyone here have any Legbar hatching eggs for sale? I'm looking for Crested Cream or Golden Crele. We had a dog attack a few days ago and lost 12 chickens. I want to replace the dead chickens with Legbars. I currently have Opal (Isabel) Legbars and I want some Creams and Golden Creles to cross them with.

I have Cream Legbars. I have been working with Legbars since 2011 making my flock the oldest Legbar flock in Oklahoma that I know of. I set up my breeding groups on New Years day every year (working on pens today) and then start my test hatching in February. Hatching eggs are typically available from March to June.

We were hit hard with predators this year too. I had ten breeding hens last spring and lost 7 of them to predators. We lost two of our best hens last month and put everyone on lock down after that. They will be excited for their new enclosed run tomorrow. They have a big coop but miss their free ranging.

Hello,
Anyone around northeast oklahoma have any black austrolorps for sale by chance? I am looking for some pullets or hens to purchase
Thanks

My mother has black austrolorps. I may be able to get you some eggs if you want to incubate. She lives east of Claremore.

I have Cream Legbars. I have been working with Legbars since 2011 making my flock the oldest Legbar flock in Oklahoma that I know of. I set up my breeding groups on New Years day every year (working on pens today) and then start my test hatching in February. Hatching eggs are typically available from March to June.

We were hit hard with predators this year too. I had ten breeding hens last spring and lost 7 of them to predators. We lost two of our best hens last month and put everyone on lock down after that. They will be excited for their new enclosed run tomorrow. They have a big coop but miss their free ranging.

I'm so sorry about your losses! I lost 14 chickens to dog attacks this year. I have never before lost that many in one year. I'm keeping my chickens in a coop with a pen, but the pen doesn't have a cover over it. I will be working on a few new coops with covered runs this year. My chickens are used to free ranging, but I need to put a stop to the losses.
Let me know when your CCL chicks are ready.

image.jpeg

I'm so sorry about your losses! I lost 14 chickens to dog attacks this year. I have never before lost that many in one year.....

We have had our share or predator attacks. I have lost as many as 35 in one night. We try to keep lots of back ups. I am very happy with two of my surviving Breeder hens. One won Best of Show in the 2016 on-line Cream Legbar show out of about 100 entries. The other one was Reserve of Breed at the a Regional Cream Legbar Club meet with about 20 live birds. I also am happy with both of my cocks. My best one was Best of Variety for the Golden Crele category of one of the Annual on-line Legbar Shows. He is possibly the best male I have had in 7 years. The other is a Cream Cock. We went through four round of test mates last year to narrow down on him for this year's breeder. He has some defects but is what we needed to correct defects in other birds in the flock. So...with two solid hens and two solid cocks we will do just fine this year. We also have a 3rd hen from last year's breed group and four pullets from last year that we are considering for the breeding pen.

We have had our share or predator attacks. I have lost as many as 35 in one night. We try to keep lots of back ups. I am very happy with two of my surviving Breeder hens. One won Best of Show in the 2016 on-line Cream Legbar show out of about 100 entries. The other one was Reserve of Breed at the a Regional Cream Legbar Club meet with about 20 live birds. I also am happy with both of my cocks. My best one was Best of Variety for the Golden Crele category of one of the Annual on-line Legbar Shows. He is possibly the best male I have had in 7 years. The other is a Cream Cock. We went through four round of test mates last year to narrow down on him for this year's breeder. He has some defects but is what we needed to correct defects in other birds in the flock. So...with two solid hens and two solid cocks we will do just fine this year. We also have a 3rd hen from last year's breed group and four pullets from last year that we are considering for the breeding pen.

Awesome! I can't wait to see/buy some of your chicks! Are you planning to breed all of your best stock this year? Or are some of them retired from breeding?

Last edited:
Awesome! I can't wait to see/buy some of your chicks! Are you planning to breed all of your best stock this year? Or are some of them retired from breeding?

Yes, I want to breed all the best stock this year. I set up four breeding lines a few years back and typically breed one of the line is a side breeding pen that is pedigreed and then have the other three lines all together in a non-pedigreed flock. I hatch from both. I typically retain my best 50% of my breeding stock and sell the bottom 50% of my breeding flock in the fall in breeding trios. We grow out about 25 pullets and about 25 cockerels every year and only keep 3-4 pullet and 1-2 cockerels. So even the bottom 50% of our breeding stock that we sell off is the best stock. :)

Yes, I want to breed all the best stock this year. I set up four breeding lines a few years back and typically breed one of the line is a side breeding pen that is pedigreed and then have the other three lines all together in a non-pedigreed flock. I hatch from both. I typically retain my best 50% of my breeding stock and sell the bottom 50% of my breeding flock in the fall in breeding trios. We grow out about 25 pullets and about 25 cockerels every year and only keep 3-4 pullet and 1-2 cockerels. So even the bottom 50% of our breeding stock that we sell off is the best stock. :)

I might just need to buy hatching eggs from you. Can you send me a message with the price for a dozen eggs from your best quality legbars?

Back
Top Bottom