***OKIES in the BYC III ***

so fatherinlaw is day 3 after surgery, he had a fever lastnite, they traced it to a blood clot in his lung, so keep those prayers going for Frank

meanwhile, here is the chick with the hip problem- i am thinking it is an injury rather than birth defect, since i noticed it yesterday after moving them.. i tried taping them, as if it is spraddle, i can pop the hip back in, but it won't stay- when i have him taped, he can't balance and ends up stranded with his legs behind him- any suggestions?

Last edited:
so fatherinlaw is day 3 after surgery, he had a fever lastnite, they traced it to a blood clot in his lung, so keep those prayers going for Frank

meanwhile, here is the chick with the hip problem- i am thinking it is an injury rather than birth defect, since i noticed it yesterday after moving them.. i tried taping them, as if it is spraddle, i can pop the hip back in, but it won't stay- when i have him taped, he can't balance and ends up stranded with his legs behind him- any suggestions?

Praying for your father in law. Sorry about the chick. Wish I knew what to do to help. Maybe it is not popping all the way back in. Gosh that must hurt it when that happens. So sad.
sad.png

Can someone tell me what the withdrawal time is on Wazine for eggs ?
I've never found the withdrawal time on a label or on a product website, but I have heard (and I've seen people write this in discussion groups online) that there is a two week withdrawal period before you can eat the eggs or the bird. You're going to worm twice, so start counting after the second worming.

Good evening y'all got my new Roos home and feed I'm am so glad gun momma gets to go with us the 4 chicks just won't be complete without well 4 chicks lol. What r yall's thoughts about chicken leashes or harnes ? Thinking about bringing pet roo freckles but he won't want to stay in a cage at the meet in Muskogee thinking about getting him a leash so he can come with me.

PM me with your email address. I have a PDF file of avian trauma medicine. It talks about a lot of different splints for different injuries.

Well, well, well. Lookee here. She sat on a stolen silkie egg all day long. Didn't go to roost tonight. So I brought her in the house and put her in my (recently cleared) broody box. She ate a ton of chick starter, drank some water, and then circled the eggs a few times looking them over. Guess she was trying to decide if it was worth it, or if eggs were for loooooosers. Gave her ten minutes, checked on her, and she flattened herself down on those eggs and gave me a good talkin' to. :) Heh heh heh. Works every time. :) (And yes, this is a different broody cochin bantam. This is the sister to the one that just hatched out eggs today. MJ grows 'em good!)

Back
Top Bottom