Okies in the BYC The Original

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi Banjo, when I raised African and Chinese owls both I also raised Pensum Rollers or some other long beaked breed and would switch out their eggs and let them raise each others babies, works out great for both, some of the breeds have really short beaks and foster parents are the only way you can raise them, the mother bird has to be able to feed the baby and the short beak varieties can't get the babies beak in far enough to feed them but they can foster a longer beaked breed for you. Lynn

Quote:

Quote:
If I have a chick that hatches wet and covered in membrane I pull it out and use a soft tooth brush & warm water to clean the membrane off then put it back in the bator to dry. Trying to get that stuff off after it dries is next to impossible without hurting the chick.... maybe I'm just a little heavy handed about it, I dunno.

Muffed Tublers, Swallows, Lahours,Pomeranian PoutersHana Pouters, Baverian Pouters,Saxsn Pouters, Ice Pigeons,Monks,Moorheads,Priest, Storks,Shields,Crescents,Frillbacks, several of the Tumbler breeds, and thats just some of them, at one time or other in my life I have owned over 300 different breeds or varieties of pigeons, at one point before my first divorce I had over 500 pigeons in my backyard!!!! I love pigeons and chickens, Lynn
cool.png

Quote:

City - glad to hear your marans are laying. I've got six or seven girls still laying, but the majority are on winter break. Even my best RIR and Salmon Faverolles girls have stopped. It's probably because we've had so many skunk visitors this winter. That owl last week didn't help, either.

I'm starting a meat bird experiment soon. I'm looking for a few birds, so if you've got spares, send me a PM. I'd like to get birds locally and from people I know. You guys are the best chicken people on the planet.

Here's what I'm trying to find:

Two Dark Brahma Cockerels
Five or six Dark Brahma Pullets
One Dark Cornish Cockerel
One Delaware Cockerel
Five or six Delaware Pullets

The silly thing is that at one time I had all of these birds, but folks begged and pleaded and opened their pocket books, so I sent the birds off to new homes. Now that I've got an experiment in mind, I need to find a few replacements.

hey guys thought id share a few photos of the white ameraucanas i got , the pics of the blues and blacks didnt turn out darn it ... but these are the birds i raised up from pips&peeps

45915_wa4.jpg
45915_wa5.jpg
45915_wa6.jpg
45915_wa7.jpg
45915_wa8.jpg
45915_wa9.jpg
45915_wa10.jpg
45915_wa11.jpg

Sorry folks, had to share this. Santa came to our house today!!

39717_dsc06500.jpg

G3 Eagle 176, 60HP Yamaha 4-stroke, Minn-Kota trolling motor, Garmin electronics.

Do chickens eat fish??

Almost forgot... yes, that's me... 47 pounds lighter than the last time I saw ya!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom