Okies in the BYC The Original

Status
Not open for further replies.
Quote:
Congratulations on the new boat and the weight loss!
thumbsup.gif

Yes, chickens will eat fish, but their eggs may wind up with an odd flavor
tongue.png

Hi!

Long time no chat. My bees are doing great... I think, I've not seem many flying around the hives since it cooled down. I do see them when it warms up a little in the afternoon so I know they are still in there, somewhere. I have two regular hives that were going strong all summer & should produce honey in 2011.

Losing the weight was awesome, no idea how or why that happened, I was not trying. The only thing is, now all my clothes look super baggy lol. It's always somethin.

Okay, so what I think I'm seeing (correct me if I am wrong) about the dubbing thing, is the comb used to be a large one. Like the kellogg's rooster, I believe it is called single?, anyway basically cutting all the serrated points off and making it into a "pea-ish" type comb?

I can see the reason if you have multiple roo's to cut down on injuries from fighting, but I really don't see the reason for show, I think the big combs look cool, very roosterish, manly. Guess kinda like the pointy ears vs floppy ears in show dogs?

Donnie, sorry for the loss of your Aunt,
hugs.gif
hope you at least find out what happened. Glad your brother has recovered enough to go home.
celebrate.gif
My niece was just life flighted too. Preterm labor, they got the contractions to stop finally. I suggested duct tape to keep the little girl in place!
gig.gif
The Doc's went with a more conventional approach though.
lau.gif

Quote:
ok, this guy is betsy's from Mihalik- i don't think ANYONE could wrangle him away from her... but he is a gorgeous guy!
1134389921_GDSnV-S.jpg

my additions are from Cozy breeding-
Noel- the sweetheart- she is in a cage in the studio- and snowball is delighted-
1134917375_8h2np-S.jpg

1134917674_fLYGd-S.jpg

these are nearly blind, worked with them some today to gain their trust, they seem a bit more relaxed tonite

1134947663_Njorz-S.gif

these two were a surprise Betsy gave me- not named yet

1134948795_QR2QZ-S.gif

1135101577_Rw2Wf-S.gif

Donnie! prayers for your family!

Peaches, do be careful, I know you are probably back by now but if not, stay safe and don't drive tired, Doc great to have you home for Christmas and Thank you for your service so that we all can celibrate this wonderful time of year here in the great ol USA!!!! Merry Christmas to all and a Happy New Year all around, everyone stay safe this season on the roads and enjoy your time with your families!!!!! Lynn
big_smile.png
tongue.png
cool.png

Quote:

Good morning Okie's~ One last day of work & I will have a nice long weekend. I think I finished my shopping last night but I am not sure.

I hope today flies by!

MAllen nice boat! I know what you will be doing all summer. Donnie, sorry about all the trouble you have had,
hugs.gif
my friend.

Wayne there is no way I would decorate for anyone, that is the part that I have hated the most, picking colors & deciding what would look good. I am so happy that it is over with.

Peaches have a great Holiday with your DH~Merry Christmas.

Morning Carah I knew you'd be up.

I hope Doc is home by now............. the good thing is travel time doesn't take up any of his leave day's, I know when I came back from Iraq it took 2 day's to travel. It great he will home for X-mas.

AL

Morning All,
Hope Doc, Peaches, Monty and friends are all where they need to be. I spent many Holidays and special days away from Joe. Most difficult - New Years 2000 - At least I was with my family that night, Joe was in Jabali, doing his laundry.
hit.gif

Donnie - Sorry to hear about your loss. When my uncle passed away, may aunt made sure everyone who knew him had a chance to say a few words at his service. It was comforting to hear so many stories about Uncle Mac because it meant he would live on in the hearts and minds of family and friends. You and your family will be in our prayers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom