*** OKIES in the BYC ***

Status
Not open for further replies.
Quote:
OH mercy!
ep.gif

Quote:
Nooooo! I need to till more garden spots and get them planted!...
barnie.gif

I am behind on my garden too, but I say LET IT RAIN!!!!!!

Quote:
Wind? What wind?
idunno.gif

No storms, (I think ya'll are getting those ) but the wind is out of the Northwest again.
We have to watch for fires.
Cuban it was sure windy Friday and Friday night up in the mountains.
The pines were not only whistling, they were screaming.

Oh, and out of 23 eggs I got 20 chicks from the Cuba roo and some game hens.
I can't remember what kind of hens they were but pure game.
I may try and get more eggs from him the next time I load the bator.

Afternoon, Okies - weather seems nice from here. Can't get outside yet, but we've got sunshine and no evidence of wind. Hope it lasts.

One more chick hatched last night. He's overly large and was shrink wrapped, so I used a wet paper towel to rehydrate the membrane, which allowed him to break through on his own. Glad I let him take his time. He still had quite a bit of yolk left to absorb.

Ducks are growing like ducks. They've learned to use the water nipples screwed into the bottom of a five gallon bucket. Less mess in the pen is great. I wish I could get them to excrete less than they take in. They defy logic and science. One duck drinks an ounce and eats two ounces and poops out a pound. How can that be?

-- Edited to fix spelling errors
smile.png

Last edited:
I've been doing something today I have never done before ................. raking leaves. When we lived in the country I firmly subscribed to the belief "God blew them here, God will blow them away" and when we moved to our current location there were almost no trees on the property.

And the actual only reason I am doing it now is for a FREE filler for my tomato tires.

Quote:
LOL, I am using them on my Potato tower. At the auction Friday night I got some of those big bucket things that minerals come in & have now planted squash in it. I need to take a picture of it I think that brings me up to 7 or 8 containers. I hope to plant the actual garden this weekend.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom