*** OKIES in the BYC ***

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey Joe - If you're lurking out there... Just saw the eggs you've got listed. Wowwie Zowwie that's a lot of eggs. How many shipping boxes will it take to pack so many? The maximum I've ever shipped safely in a 12 X 12 box was two dozen. I was afraid over crowding would mean broken eggs. My girls aren't laying enough to keep count.

Lookie what we got!

We went to get a couple of chicks and ended up with 2 barred rock (so we are told) chicks (6 weeks) and 5 Auracana (probably really EE) chick (1 week old) . They are tucked in . The older chicks are in a brooder in the shed and the chicks are in one in the laundry room.

Tomorrow I will get some more pictures cause the guy really seemed clueless and he had all his chickens in a too small coop and they were all mixed together so I am not sure how he would know what was what. So I am gonna post and see if some of the experts can tell me what we got. They were cheap, cheap, no pun intended. So if they are roosters, we will just sell them or give them away later. We are having fun anyway.

Here is one picture, not great, but through the brooder top.

chick-1.jpg

Funny you should say that about luring the wild birds out with seed. I had a bag of yucky seed, probably from a few years ago, on a shelf in the barn. I tossed half of it out into the snow thinking that I'd get the stowaway birds out of the rafters. Instead, I had about a dozen red-winged black birds show up, and pretty soon there was a whole flock of sparrows shouldering in for a bite. I shut the barn and turned off all the lights. I hope I can make enough noise in the morning to get the freeloaders out of the barn rafters.

Quote:
POOPS is May 14 in Fletcher, OK
- and I am going to put you down for Feb 18 at 8:00 pm as the time we reach the magic number of posts. I think we will limit it to hours rather than add the "excitement" of minutes.
smile.png

Last edited:
Quote:
- and I am going to put you down for Feb 18 at 8:00 pm as the time we reach the magic number of posts. I think we will limit it to hours rather than add the "excitement" of minutes.
smile.png

i just had to add the 02 in there lol

great poops is a week after i graduate

Last edited:
Quote:
smile.png

I know - I suppose I will have to use your original guess as another way "not to follow the instructions" LOL~

Quote:

I know - I suppose I will have to use your original guess as another way "not to follow the instructions" LOL~

look at what leader i followed lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom