*** OKIES in the BYC ***

Status
Not open for further replies.
Quote:
tongue2.gif
my boy ( 13 ) is set on showing him at the show, but we dan't know what it is, or if he even qualifies, to be there!!

Not sure of the color/variety but he looks like a Japanese Bantam. But one thing is for sure, he is no Naked neck so I think that must be a deduction.

Last edited:
Morning - Looks like there has already been some chatter. Okies get up early.

I'm taking a rope and a garden hose to my classroom today. I'm teaching basket weaving, and we're working with cotton cord covered with yarn. Some of my students can "see" or "get" what I'm doing when I demonstrate, so I'm going to use the hose as the cotton cord and the rope as the yarn today. Maybe I can turn the light on for some of my kids. It's easy once you know what to do, but that knowing part slipped past a few yesterday. I'm being evaluated today... Hope I'm not marked down for using unconventional teaching methods.

Grace - How much longer do you think it will be before I see eggs from the Pekins? They are big, robust birds. I think they are getting plenty of water, food, and exercise. I'm wondering if you have eggs from any of their siblings yet.

Quote:
Sounds like your chickens are going to have a wonderful coop and you are going to enjoy being able to move them around periodically to fresh ground.
thumbsup.gif

Quote:
I think you should get bonus points for "unconventional teaching methods" that help turn on the lightbulb for students who didn't understand when you used the "standard" teaching method. A picture really is worth a thousand words and some people learn by seeing the entire picture and then examining the details and others learn by just doing the details even though they don't understand how it will all come together for the big picture.

Mornin Ya'll,

This is off topic but I was hoping that I could find someone in our group that knows something about trees. I have 2 mature trees on my place that have died after the bark started to split. Now I have a 3rd that it looks like it's also starting this process. Any tree experts in our group? Here are a few pics.

39717_tree3.jpg

39717_tree2.jpg

39717_tree1.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom