*** OKIES in the BYC ***

Status
Not open for further replies.
Quote:
You're DOOMED! There is no hope for you. Welcome to the "I can't pass the chick bin at Atwood's without buying something" club!

LOL you are right. I think we are done now though.

It looked like we are getting a few roos in the EE chicks and we needed 3 pullets. Plus we really wanted to give 2 pullets back to the guy that gave us our hens. (It is my sil's father). He was so sweet and would not let us pay him. He is also gonna take the "extras" including the roos if we don't want them. We only need 3 more pullets, maybe 4 and that is all we want to put in the coop.

We just need to find out what these chicks are. I have had so many guesses, but I guess we won't know for a while.

Grace - Our Pekins gave us an egg today!!!! The drake strutted around the pen and then did the head bobbing dance when I put the egg in my basket. I think I'll save eggs for the next 8 - 10 days and then set my first Pekin hatch for the season. I know it's silly, but getting a first egg from a pair is always really exciting.

Quote:
I got another story this one came to me in the weeeeee hours of the morning at work on very little sleep. Bubba and his bestie Billy Bob are going to spend a boys day out looking for a new "huntin' gun" at the show, they are going to use the eggs to make sure their new guns "site" correctly by placing them on top of each other's head and shooting them off, the Bible is in case the sites are wrong!!!!
lau.gif

Yall went to Trivetts
sad.png
Thats our favorite place to eat, Wilma and the girls are such sweetie pies, love them...

Good seeing everyone last night even if we were there briefly with the rollie pollie gang, but alas a few of the little ones were getting restless and it was outside the evening routine for them.

I was a good girl last night and didnt buy anything..
smile.png
but I know once the coop is moved it will be a buying frenzy.. ha ha.

Maybe the eggs were from a prised pair of very special chickens and he laid the biible on top of them to bless them in hopes for a better hatch and praying for a pair out of the two eggs!!!! LOL Lynn
big_smile.png
tongue.png
roll.png
cool.png

Quote:
I got another story this one came to me in the weeeeee hours of the morning at work on very little sleep. Bubba and his bestie Billy Bob are going to spend a boys day out looking for a new "huntin' gun" at the show, they are going to use the eggs to make sure their new guns "site" correctly by placing them on top of each other's head and shooting them off, the Bible is in case the sites are wrong!!!!
lau.gif

Well morning all, I have a bunch of chicks that I picked up from Chuck aka BigOkie about three weeks ago, they are supose to be RIR or RIRx Red Sexlink, well they are straight run and as with all sr hatches I am blessed with several extra roosters in this bunch, even as a confessed roosterholic I must admit that there are more roos than I can handle or need or my wife says I need! SOOOOO I have several(not sure how many yet but a bunch) Little Meat type Roos for sale cheap if anyone wants some to feed out and butcher, Discount if you take them all and pick them up befroe next Satuday. If not gone I will take them to the Guy Rose Auction south of Stillwater next Sat. Thanks and Have a Blessed Day!!! Lynn
wink.png
cool.png

Last edited:
HI fellow Okies! My family and I are located in NW Oklahoma (near Woodward). We haven't got any chickens yet, so have been buying fresh eggs from a neigbor-but we are going to be ordering some chicks soon, so have been learning all we can about chicken keeping (actually we've been reading chicken books for a couple of years now-in preparation for this time). We have 4 kids, ages 6, 4, 18 months, and 5 months. Two milk cows, a few bottle calves, two ponies and a horse, several barn cats, and 4 dogs.

Jessi

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom