Oklabar info?

Attachments

• EC54A3CC-4820-46BD-BC2C-CCACD417355B.png
    EC54A3CC-4820-46BD-BC2C-CCACD417355B.png
    334.2 KB · Views: 3
I’m not saying to buy the book, but if anyone does, or already has this book, some spoilers would be appreciated! :D ?! :)

Attachments

• 1F5FE92C-EAC4-4DF9-904B-CFF4B0EBDF94.png
    1F5FE92C-EAC4-4DF9-904B-CFF4B0EBDF94.png
    334.2 KB · Views: 3

Rhodebar is RIR x barred rock​

This was a blast from the past, haha! Had to look because I couldn't remember this and realized it was five years ago, lol. Since then, I've found more, and better, info on the creation of the breed. And they did in fact use RIR and Plymouth rocks to create them :) Or at least the info I've found says they did :p

First RIRs were crossed with White Plymouth rocks. Then they took the resulting F2 barred red males (the white rocks were barred) and crossed those to Dark Cornish hens. They bred those resulting birds together, selected for the traits they wanted, and called them Gold Oklabars.

Then, they bred some of those with Silver Laced Wyandottes, and selected the birds they liked for further breeding. They called those ones Silver Oklabars.

https://shareok.org/bitstream/handle/11244/302279/oksd_TB_T-0062.pdf?sequence=1&isAllowed=y

This was a blast from the past, haha! Had to look because I couldn't remember this and realized it was five years ago, lol. Since then, I've found more, and better, info on the creation of the breed. And they did in fact use RIR and Plymouth rocks to create them :) Or at least the info I've found says they did :p

First RIRs were crossed with White Plymouth rocks. Then they took the resulting F2 barred red males (the white rocks were barred) and crossed those to Dark Cornish hens. They bred those resulting birds together, selected for the traits they wanted, and called them Gold Oklabars.

Then, they bred some of those with Silver Laced Wyandottes, and selected the birds they liked for further breeding. They called those ones Silver Oklabars.

https://shareok.org/bitstream/handle/11244/302279/oksd_TB_T-0062.pdf?sequence=1&isAllowed=y
😎 cool !

Back
Top Bottom