Oklahoma laws

I am living in Southwestern Oklahoma and I just want to say a little shocked! When did Okies become such city dwellers? I say this not to offend but when I was a teenager it was nothing to see a few chickens in your neighbors yard. Oklahomans, to me, have always been about sustainably atleast on a small scale in towns with thier gardens full of vegetables and fruit trees and of course chickens, ducks and an occasional mean old goose. Yet now the "laws" are murky about chickens and everyone is making a big stink about what's in thier neighbors yards. I cannot find any laws for or against chickens in my town and when I went to pick up my chicks today at the post office they said they had two batches of chicks so someone else ordered chicks too. I understand roosters are loud, I will be finding a solution to that before they get that big, but no louder than the neighbors dog that wonders onto my property to bark at my cats early in the morning. Or the rest that bark all day. Idk I moved back here because it was a "farm" community only to find out California has chicken laws and Oklahoma has problems with chickens. I am so confused? Now we have laws about everything. Is ok to even have a vegetable garden in town or is that to countrified for all these city dwellers? Sorry I am just a little confused and maybe hurt since I moved back and things have changed drastically and not all for the better. But I can't help it I love Oklahoma even if we're being over run by city folk, lol.

Back
Top Bottom