Oklahoma Poultry Federation... Shawnee, OK

Poulets De Cajun

Crowing
11 Years
Jun 14, 2008
Houston MetroMess, Texas
Anyone planning on attendin this show on Dec. 13th & 14th? I heard today that they are expecting 2800+ birds, and the pigeon show is going to be right next door at the same time...

Its a Silkie National Meet so I will be there for sure. Wondering who else might be going.

Last edited by a moderator:
I think that some of the Okies were talking about it a while back in the Okies in the BYC thread....Can't remember who all said they were going. I may try to go if it doesn't interfere with finals week. Just to watch though....still want to get a feel for what to expect before we decide to show birds or not.

We make the show in Shawnee every year, it is one of the best in our area.

They limit the entries to 2800 birds because that way they don't have to double stack them, although they did double stack some of the Modern games last year and it was bad.

This will be a very different show than what you saw in Decatur last weekend. There will be vendors, lots of birds for sale and of course about 2000 more birds. Plus the weather is cooler. Hopefully they won't have the ice storm that they had last year.

The pigeon show is a little different than the poultry show but it is a good diversion from the poultry.

Bob

I've been twice now an I plan on going again this year..... was considering on entering some black Dutch but my rooster has gone an gotten his feathers all messed up so not sure now .........if I do this will be the first time for me to ever show chickens so kinda unsure to start with.............

I'm sooo glad I found this forum. I'm clueless.......LOL

We have an avid 4-H'er that eats and sleeps his chickens.
He has only shown in our local Cherokee County Fair here
in Tahlequah. He has done really well and has lots of big plans.

Is there a Junior Section at this show in Shawnee or is it
an open show? Where can we get information as to
the divisions, age groups, entry forms, etc.? And, I see
on the Shawnee Area website that they do have a large
RV area. What would the chances be of getting a site
there for this weekend?

Would appreciate any information while we "get our feet wet"
and "stumble through this poultry show effort" with this
kid....LOL

Have a good one !

I figure it is about an hour and a half from the Red River to Shawnee.

They have an area set up for people to sell birds, some people will hang out with their birds for a while but then put their names on the sale coops and walk around. Remember they are exhibitors also. Yes it is first come first served.

The junior show is in with the open show. The juniors compete among themselves and they also compete in the open.

I see a number of people with camper in the parking lot you should not have any problem.

Bob

We got our booklet and entry applications in here last week. I'm
voting that we just go watch this year, but am getting resistance
from Pa-Pa and the kid...LOL Is my understanding that the
entry applications have to be in their hands by the 24th of November.
The kid has a show here at Tahlequah next Saturday and will be
getting his new NPIP tests that have to go in with the entry
applications.

I'm going to call today to see what all is involved in getting
reservations in their RV area? Do any of you know anything about
that part of this show?

Anyone else going to Shawnee from up here in NE Oklahoma?

Have a good one !

Back
Top Bottom