Old and Rare Breeds

Saladin and Walt.....correct me if the ABA standard has changed....I was looking at the 1997 ABA standard for tasseled O.E. Game Bantams...and it says: "Classes may be provided for tasseled varieties in any of the various color patterns of the Old English Game Bantams. In color the tassel should match the head." page 135..... They would be judged as seperate varieties and have the same rules and chances for Best and Reserve of Breed as the non-tasseled varieties........ Please correct me if this isn't in the new standard, Thanks.... Rusty (Pyncheon-guy)
smile.png
..... Ooops...my mistake...You are showing Large Tasseled O.E. Games.... Sorry!
hmm.png

Last edited:
Quote:
The 2006 ABA SOP does not seem to mention them anymore, but I could have missed it if it was somewhere other than the OEG section.

I thought of bantams right away too!

Walt

I'd sure like to get enough breeders together to petition the APA to get them admitted; however, I doubt I could find the breeders or the number of birds required.

Walt, it would need to be how many breeders showing 200 birds over 2 years? Wouldn't there also need to be a qualifying meet too? How many would that require?

Hi everyone. After a lot of reading about Icelandic chickens, I think that I might PM Mary for some hatching eggs and keep two or three pullets- should be exciting. Also, I might order some Red Caps or White Faced Black Spanish from McMurray in March or April just to help save them, though I have no idea about them... at all. Rare breeds really fascinate me, most are trule gorgeous. Thoughts? Now my breeds are pretty popular.

Saladin-

Tasseled OEG LF would be a great project !! Let us know how the show goes, what the reaction is to them , I'm sure you will be the only one with those!!

Don't forget you have to add cenizos Cubalayas to the SOP as well, plus your non-reza asil varieties! You could stay busy for a long time!!
tongue.png

No, cubalaya, they are bit different. The "tasseled/toppys" have small head crests, not the big crazy polish type crests, a small, "lark" type crest. There are however some OEG I have seem that come with BOTH beards and crests!!
I think they are both nice. Maybe someday I will get myself some. You can find American game with crests and beard/muffs as well. I know Flarry eyed greys are one toppy strain, I'm sure there are lots more.

Quote:
5 breeders raising them for 5 years (50% or more breed true), 5 notes from judges at 5 shows saying they represent the breed as described and then a qualifying meet that has a minimum of 50 GOOD birds that represent the breed.

I can give yoyu the official info when you need it, but that is about it.

Just returned from the Pacific Poultry Breeders Assn winter show (2400+ birds) 188 in the AOSB class. Best of show (Asil) Res of show (araucana)

How often do you see that happen. This show has very high quality birds. I took some pics of the Asil, but not sure how good they are. I will upload them later.

Walt

Back
Top Bottom