old chicken

I make them as comfortable as possible &
welcome-byc.gif

I keep a brooding light on in thier coop to keep them warm I think the cold weather effects her. I think she must have arthritus cause she can hardly walk.??

welcome-byc.gif

so how old is she?

there is a lady on the next road over and she had like 200+ chickens all pets, the older ones have a hen house to themselves and she keep it semi heated because she says that they don't handle the cold well, she calls it the retirement home..lol...they do pretty well in summer though.

Quote:
Well said! Keep her warm and comfy, keep her food and water close by, and make sure her flock mates don't attack her.

This thread is giving me warm fuzzies!
hugs.gif

I am a real sucker when it comes to animals. I don't care if they are "just chickens", I don't intend to cull my old ladies when their useful time is over. As I saw on another post, they still have value as bug eaters and compost makers.
thumbsup.gif

"Just Chickens?!" You can get kicked out of the 'club' for saying something like that! To be in the club you have to love your chickens so much it means we will make them oatmeal or scrambled eggs and feed it to them when it is -14 degrees. We will mix a quart of yogurt with a box of Cheerios for our girls for a snack and will go outside in our jammies with a headlamp on at 11pm just to make sure we did in fact plug the heater in.

I'm just foolin' with you. I know just what you mean. One of the workers at TSC almost hurt herself she laughed so hard when I told her I brought one of my girls to the vet. I guess if your in the club you have to tell a few white lies.
wink.png

Back
Top Bottom