Old English Game contest **Results are in...we have a winner!**

Variety: Black Old English Game Bantam

Name: Big Shot

20087_cg_poultry_001.jpg

Big Shot is one of my favorites because he is very gentle and always happy to see me. When I open his pen to feed him, he always wants to be petted.

Last edited:
Name--Barack- -Silver duckwing old english- -Boy -4-5 months. Came here used --Barack is bringing hope at least to 1/2 or more of my flock. He is a very nice boy after he is done with his banty little man stuff and actually gets to work. Gives frequent speeches if anybody will listen day or night./Users/nikhotchkiss/Desktop/14468_p1010006.jpg

This is Bill. 1 yr old OEGB.
4477_pa200170.jpg

A friend gave him to me as a mate for Boots, my rescued OEGB
Age unknown

4477_p5150118.jpg

Anyone know what their chicks will look like?

Here are few of my chicken:

"BB"
OEGB BB Red

She is cute!
16902_bb.jpg

"King Charles" & his hens (the Silkie too!)
OEGB BB Red

He is a gentleman!
16902_roosterhens.jpg

"Grace"
OEGB Silver Duckwing

Old lady!
16902_grace.jpg

Grace again (she goes to roost even during the day)
16902_grace2.jpg

I hope you enjoyed!

Quote:
hide.gif
It might be just the light in the pic, but it looks like she has a white earlobe. If it is white, then she would be a Dutch bantam, not and OEGB, right? I had this happen to me...thought I had a pair but it turned out that the pullet was a Dutch bantam.

Cyanne; Thank you for your input. I double checked her ear lobes and they are not white, her true color is somewhat washed out by the light. The ear lobes appear white, but are not. She has not had much sun given our cold climate to brighten up her red and because of the flash in the pics, makes her look more silver than she really is. She is very much lavendar. She placed #1 BV at a recent show as well... All together, along with the fact that she came from an experienced breeder that I trust, she is indeed a self blue OEGB. One other note, sorry about the poo on her feathers! I did not catch that right away!!

I figured it could just be a trick of the lighting in the pic...unfortunately my little girl definitely has white earlobes so I'm stuck with an OEGB male and a dutch female.
hmm.png

Your girl is a gorgeous color, btw. I have a lavender d'Uccle, and I just love all of the 'blue' varieties.

Didn't notice any poo, but don't feel bad, my chickens seem to take great joy in making themselves filthy every chance they get!
roll.png

Back
Top Bottom