Old Fashioned Broody Hen Hatch A Long and Informational Thread

Congrats stony for having such a handsome chick named after you, and goddess is very pretty too. barn goddess. Haven't seen what my name sake looks like [hint hint] niss,

Quote:
If your swap is anything like ours here in OR, I'll bet you get really lucky with hatching eggs! When my second broody popped up I was so disappointed that our swap isn't until the end of October. And yay for Miss JB Squashed, Defender Of Eggs!
big_smile.png

Quote:
If your swap is anything like ours here in OR, I'll bet you get really lucky with hatching eggs! When my second broody popped up I was so disappointed that our swap isn't until the end of October. And yay for Miss JB Squashed, Defender Of Eggs!
big_smile.png

At the last swap a guy was there selling 10 wk old wheaten marans. He had brought a doz eggs just to show what their eggs look like but was intending on taking them home to eat. A kid and his mom bought the doz for $2!!!! Dang, did I miss out on that one!

Miss Lydia--it wasn't intentional, or I might have honoured the blue sweed who is a bit closer to SOP with your name, but the old profile pic of your little ducky was dark and I just came to think of this little girl as Lydia, a name I really like any way.
GEDC6218.jpg

The piggy pekin has doubled in size since this photo was taken, but Lydia is rather petite. Her bib is all splotchy, but I think she's pretty and she never gives me a fuss.

Quote:
Sounds just like me Niss rather petite
gig.gif
and a little splotchy [some gray hair popping in]
old.gif
AND I never give anyone any fuss
wink.png
roll.png

She is very pretty. Thank you!

Quote:
big_smile.png

At the last swap a guy was there selling 10 wk old wheaten marans. He had brought a doz eggs just to show what their eggs look like but was intending on taking them home to eat. A kid and his mom bought the doz for $2!!!! Dang, did I miss out on that one!

Oh that was an amazing deal! Maybe you should stalk the swap this year and if you spot that guy you should make a beeline for his table!
lol.png
I hope you have a blast at the swap and find some amazing deal of your own.

Back
Top Bottom