Old Fashioned Broody Hen Hatch A Long and Informational Thread

Here is my broody she is only six days along and i am not sure whether my eggs are fertile or not. I will post a picture of her on the nest later, i am not sure what kind she is but she is very content being a broody. If anybody knows what she is i would like to know.

It was Asparagus and Bella's birthday yesterday (my first chicks from last year). I have just heard off the woman who arranged his new home today and since then the new owners have got more ex batts and he now had 20 ex batts and 4 acres to himself! He has also showed no aggression to the new owners or their kids. He did level up with the man but they just walked forwards and he ran off. Bella is on anti biotics at the minute but she is great, she is even looking after her mothers chicks from this year whilst her mother is back on the eggs again!

Bella:

It was Asparagus and Bella's birthday yesterday (my first chicks from last year). I have just heard off the woman who arranged his new home today and since then the new owners have got more ex batts and he now had 20 ex batts and 4 acres to himself! He has also showed no aggression to the new owners or their kids. He did level up with the man but they just walked forwards and he ran off. Bella is on anti biotics at the minute but she is great, she is even looking after her mothers chicks from this year whilst her mother is back on the eggs again! Bella:
Why is your chicken wrapped in a towel? Beautiful pics :)

Why is your chicken wrapped in a towel? Beautiful pics
smile.png
Thanks :). She is wrapped in a towel because she has the early stages of Bumble foot and is having a foot bath!

My chicks are doing the same. I actually thought 2 were MIA when I locked up last night. But on further inspection they were up on the perch with one of their moms under her wings

Our designated broody has finally decided to hatch some more eggs now that the worst of winter is over...I think I've overloaded her with eggs though! Two were peeking out from under a wing when I checked this morning xD They still felt perfectly warm, I suppose I'll just have to keep an eye on her and make sure all the eggs stay snug.
These should all be crossed with our new light sussex roo, so hopefully there should be some big babies in our future!

Back
Top Bottom