Old Fashioned Broody Hen Hatch A Long and Informational Thread

He's back to the same old Cody this morning. Happily eating his cereal and watching Netflix. HAHA!

Here are my 4 favorite nonChicken peeps at the Air & Space Museum in Dulles, VA - Cody is the one crouching in the window.
Wow I bet that was scary! Glad he is okay!
smile.png

So glad he's OK!!!!

Kinda puts everything into perspective!

He's back to the same old Cody this morning. Happily eating his cereal and watching Netflix. HAHA!

Here are my 4 favorite nonChicken peeps at the Air & Space Museum in Dulles, VA - Cody is the one crouching in the window.

Quote:

Our first time letting a broody hatch! So excited. If it's a roo, the chicky will be named Freddy! For fri. the 13th!!!! It's so precious! Nana (the barred rock broody) is so sweet too. She has not once got onto us about the chick or the eggs, but let another chicken come close and WATCH OUT!

Our first time letting a broody hatch! So excited. If it's a roo, the chicky will be named Freddy! For fri. the 13th!!!! It's so precious! Nana (the barred rock broody) is so sweet too. She has not once got onto us about the chick or the eggs, but let another chicken come close and WATCH OUT!

Awwhhh so cute!

Precious, and Congrats!!!

Smokey has been taking up to 2 hours to sit in the nest box and lay her eggs each day. I'm wondering if she's just trying to get back in the hang of things - or if she's trying to go broody. The black AM baby, whom some people think may be a pullet (YEAH) now named "Ebony" must have been getting lonely. She climbed into the nest box to hang out too. She started out in her own nest box and moved over to join momma Smokey.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom