Old fashioned Broody thread for ducks 2013 edition

thumbsup.gif
wee.gif

love.gif
love.gif
When I thought all hope was lost we have VICTORY!! Aaaaaaaaaand I can't stop crying!! Came immediately in here to let you all know....ONE is here!! And we shall call him/her Victory.

I am beyond in love...

Momma is hiding her (him?) very much right now. But baby is yellow, fuzzy and dry!! From the bill it looks like a girl. She has a black point on her bill....but I should wait until tomorrow.

More? WHO KNOWS!! But those girls finally had one hatch. I feel blessed beyond words and will celebrate all their hard work. First time mommas...and they got a baby.

I will post pic when they let me see it.

wee.gif
love.gif
love.gif
celebrate.gif

Sometimes there just aren't enough emoticons....LOL

Thank you all for your unending support! Without you I would have surely eff'd this all up!! Thank you from the bottom of our hearts!
That's great news babe :)

H

And here she is!! Boy/Girl? Who knows!! This is Victory!!

We pulled 17 eggs last night. 11 were unfertilized and going rotten and the rest were dead. We left 4, viable. Still alive and 2 pipping. As of this morning they are not through. Maybe we will help tonight!

I am so happy!!
love.gif

And here she is!! Boy/Girl? Who knows!! This is Victory!!

We pulled 17 eggs last night. 11 were unfertilized and going rotten and the rest were dead. We left 4, viable. Still alive and 2 pipping. As of this morning they are not through. Maybe we will help tonight!

I am so happy!!
love.gif
Hopefully you won't have to. but that is one cute ducky, Congrats!!!

Well, I think I'm going to have to wait on my Pekin hatching ducklings... strange girl - she sits on them a good part of the day while it's 100 degrees outside and then leaves them all night when it's 50. For a couple days, she seemed to be interested in staying there, then today, she acted like she could care less and preferred to go free-ranging and swimming forever. Maybe next year when she's more mature... I guess I'll just wait until my silkie goes broody again and give her a couple.

Well, I think I'm going to have to wait on my Pekin hatching ducklings... strange girl - she sits on them a good part of the day while it's 100 degrees outside and then leaves them all night when it's 50. For a couple days, she seemed to be interested in staying there, then today, she acted like she could care less and preferred to go free-ranging and swimming forever. Maybe next year when she's more mature... I guess I'll just wait until my silkie goes broody again and give her a couple.
Might be a good idea, some times it's just best to let them age a bit before going broody. Hopefully she be serious next year. But if you have a Silkie you may get ducklings yet this year.
big_smile.png

love.gif
love.gif
When I thought all hope was lost we have VICTORY!! Aaaaaaaaaand I can't stop crying!! Came immediately in here to let you all know....ONE is here!! And we shall call him/her Victory.

I am beyond in love...

Momma is hiding her (him?) very much right now. But baby is yellow, fuzzy and dry!! From the bill it looks like a girl. She has a black point on her bill....but I should wait until tomorrow.

More? WHO KNOWS!! But those girls finally had one hatch. I feel blessed beyond words and will celebrate all their hard work. First time mommas...and they got a baby.

I will post pic when they let me see it.

wee.gif
love.gif
love.gif
celebrate.gif

Sometimes there just aren't enough emoticons....LOL

Thank you all for your unending support! Without you I would have surely eff'd this all up!! Thank you from the bottom of our hearts!

I'm SO happy for your right now!! Celebrating

wee.gif
hugs.gif

Back
Top Bottom