Old fashioned Broody thread for ducks 2013 edition

Duck math strikes again.
lol.png

How many ducks would fit in a 8x16 coop at the rate im going im slowing convincing myself to move out of the city. LOL..........................
barnie.gif
I am trying to convince my dad to buy me a farmhouse LMAO!!!!
hide.gif
I am hoping when he sees the ducks he will say yes. His chicken math is worst than mine he has like 30 hens, 7 roosters, & 25 eggs waiting to be hatched

i put long dead grass from my field and put a bunch of it beside my ducks nest and i go back like 10 mins later and my duck is gone lol all the long dead grass stuff is covering her all i could see was a bit of her tail feathers lol shes magic shes there one min and then gone the other .. i still hope she can hatch most .. i have a problem though i just proved there are rats i had a egg set in a nest to get my hens to lay in there and i go out the next day and the egg is gone i couldn't find it by the nest to see if it got knocked out some how but its gone no shells around no yolk or anything so im gusseing a rat got it some how and i don't want them bugging my broody duck for her eggs and if there are a couple then i don't think she can protect the eggs by her self what do i do ???

I took the whole nest & moved mine into a dog crate. I moved mine in the garage shes doing great more relaxed shes actually taking her time eating now...

caf.gif
it's amazing if there is life in these eggs how they can survive being cold some of my hens have gotten confused before and gone to the wrong nest instead of theirs and the eggs would be stone cold and still hatch.

ok Miss Lydia I have no clue what im looking at. This is probably the last time im candling she's freaking ou t- she still hasnt pooped all day

rofl I put the wrong date on this egg

Last edited:
I took the whole nest & moved mine into a dog crate. I moved mine in the garage shes doing great more relaxed shes actually taking her time eating now...
she seems fine i will keep checking every day to make sure nothing is changed around her nest i will keep checking her to make sure nothing is changed on her like feathers missing or bleeding ... so i think she might have stopped laying now i hope so though she covers them all and she made her nest pretty big when i put some extra stuff for her to use it covers her all with dead and nice green grass .. this is not gonna have to do with any of this but i just found a chicken egg the size of a quarter lol its is like two thumb nails big it is so tiny lol

she seems fine i will keep checking every day to make sure nothing is changed around her nest i will keep checking her to make sure nothing is changed on her like feathers missing or bleeding ... so i think she might have stopped laying now i hope so though she covers them all and she made her nest pretty big when i put some extra stuff for her to use it covers her all with dead and nice green grass .. this is not gonna have to do with any of this but i just found a chicken egg the size of a quarter lol its is like two thumb nails big it is so tiny lol

lau.gif
wow thats tiny

is that a normal size lol i thought it was a wild bird egg at first because it was so small but i looked more at it and it was a hen egg lol i said it must have just popped out since it was so small the hen prob thought she was jut pooping lol

hmm try hatching it got a roo? Someone here hatched an egg the size of a nickle lol...

hmm try hatching it got a roo? Someone here hatched an egg the size of a nickle lol...
im pretty sure no roos are mating her though she just started laying ... a nickle lol that is tiny even smaller then mine and i thought mine was tiny ... the chick must have been so small was it a normal size for the hen or was it a pullet ??? did the chick live that hatched from the nickle ?? did they show a pic of it ??

im pretty sure no roos are mating her though she just started laying ... a nickle lol that is tiny even smaller then mine and i thought mine was tiny ... the chick must have been so small was it a normal size for the hen or was it a pullet ??? did the chick live that hatched from the nickle ?? did they show a pic of it ??
It was the size of a quarter when it hatched!! Here is the thread about it.

https://www.backyardchickens.com/t/348116/tiny-mystery-egg

my egg is smaller then that lol its like a marble really rounded and i put it in an egg carton and it doesn't even fit the bottom if the egg carton it just rolls around in the like egg holder thing

Back
Top Bottom