Old fashioned Broody thread for ducks 2013 edition

i will try to tomorrow its 11 pm right now so i gotta go to sleep soon to do the birds in the morning and check on my broody duck .... i will take a pic of it beside a quarter and then crack it open and then take another pic of it opened or just do a quick video prob would be easier taking a video

sweet, night Farmboy !!!

Yeah I got to get up early to open the coop 6am sharp.
th.gif

well then no wonder we can't see anything, where are the eggs now? if she isn't sitting on them since yesterday I'd just toss them. there must have been a reason she moved them out from under her.

Yeah she is sitting tight this morning hasnt moved an inch. Hasnt pooped since Monday
sickbyc.gif
sickbyc.gif

miss lydia .. will my female duck sit on her nest until all of her eggs hatch ??
She should fb unless the hatch is too scattered, like after about 3 days she is going to want to get up and care for her ducklings that have hatched. She just started sitting right? so they all didn't start to develop till that same day. There maybe a few days of hatching since she is on so many and since she is on so many all may not hatch either, it's harder for them to keep all the eggs warm when sitting on 19 or 20. But I think you'll get a good hatch. when hatch begins the next day put food and water close by so mama can show new ducklings where it is and she won't have to get up while waiting on the rest to hatch.

Back
Top Bottom