Old fashioned Broody thread for ducks 2013 edition

Here are mine. 2 now.

So this girl should be hatching around the 22nd of this month. She is on 15 eggs (I think)

This girl should be hatching at the end of March. Again I think 15 under her.

And this is what all of the ducklings are probably going to look like. These are some of the 13 that hatched in December. Mom FINALLY left them about a week ago. At least these I know are split to chocolate and I think that my choc broody is only sitting on her own eggs. The black barred is on a shared nest so I'm hoping for a touch more variety instead of only black barred babies. Very difficult to count them when they all look alike.

So cute all tucked in like that! nice clutch you got there!

Beautiful pic, look forward to seeing the end result. [as I try my best to keep this from happening here] although how can a person say no to a face like that?
love.gif

Thank you, my oldest daughter captured that picture. Good luck to you! you know how determined i was to avoid this happening this year and how well i managed.
lau.gif

Last edited:
My WH has been setting for almost a week now. She has around 14 eggs, six of which I gave her when she stopped adding to the nest, one she stole from my mallard, and another a chicken donated when she was absent. The other seven or so she layed in the nest herself. Tonight I will candle to see how many are actually viable and which ones I should remove. Sooo excited for March ducklings!!

Here she is hissing at me, and telling me to close the door and go away.

My WH has been setting for almost a week now. She has around 14 eggs, six of which I gave her when she stopped adding to the nest, one she stole from my mallard, and another a chicken donated when she was absent. The other seven or so she layed in the nest herself. Tonight I will candle to see how many are actually viable and which ones I should remove. Sooo excited for March ducklings!!

Here she is hissing at me, and telling me to close the door and go away.

Gosh, she's pretty... pretty with attitude lol

Ok, Miss Dusty is still going strong.. she lifted slightly while i was cleaning, I saw 4 eggs now whether there are more? not sure but regardless there is an update for now.

Glad to hear Dusty is doing well. So, hoping for at least 3 females? LOL

I'm trying to get my ducklings to stop pooping on the nest that isn't being set on.
roll.png
I've moved the nest and regardless, they sleep on it and poop all over. I may need to try to have a seperation until they start roosting.

Glad to hear Dusty is doing well. So, hoping for at least 3 females? LOL

I'm trying to get my ducklings to stop pooping on the nest that isn't being set on.
roll.png
I've moved the nest and regardless, they sleep on it and poop all over. I may need to try to have a seperation until they start roosting.
LOL... good luck with that! and yes 3 females... heck A female would be great... my luck there all drakes again.

Back
Top Bottom