Old fashioned Broody thread for ducks 2013 edition

Hey, I figured out pictures! This one was taken yesterday when my drake perched himself at the top of their pool ramp. The big white mass in the dog house is mama's rear end :)

Hey, I figured out pictures! This one was taken yesterday when my drake perched himself at the top of their pool ramp. The big white mass in the dog house is mama's rear end
smile.png

I bet dad will be happy when mama is ready to join him again, and that's cute of mama to give you a rear view of her.

why would my swed stop sitting after 26 days? I took the eggs away today. I opened 2 and they werefully formed. How long before she starts laying eggs again?

Karen

why would my blue swed stop sitting after 26 days? It has been 35 days with no more sitting. I removed the eggs and opened 2 both were fully formed. When will she start laying eggs again.

Thank you in advance
Karen

I went to check on mama and was going to see about candling an egg (she's kicked several out, she's down to 7 now). When I got close, she didn't come off the nest squawking and flapping at me, she just sat there and fussed. If I calculated correctly, they should hatch this week. Could her not getting up mean that we may have babies very soon? I'm so excited!!!

i think i might candle because my female duck is new and i sorta want an idea on how many because she is a first time momma and if she leaves them or something i want to know how many are good i think i will just candle one to see if any are good

i think i might candle because my female duck is new and i sorta want an idea on how many because she is a first time momma and if she leaves them or something i want to know how many are good i think i will just candle one to see if any are good 

Sounds like a plan I candled mine but I have no clue what im looking for lmao. Your ducks almost done isnt she?

she is around 2 weeks now .. i don't want to candle i want it to be all natural but in not sure what to do .... she only is on 18 now so im pretty sure she tossed 2 of them so does that mean the other 18 are good ??? my drake was in her stall when she was out foraging and he was looking in on the nest sorta going on to it and like putting his bill on the eggs what was he doing ???

Back
Top Bottom