OLD GERMAN OWL pigeons

Discussion in 'Other Poultry - Birds & Hatching Eggs' started by mhwc56, Dec 10, 2012.

1. mhwc56

mhwc56 Songster

Aug 5, 2010
    my house in maryland
    I have been told by our town that my birds are against ordinance so i need to find a caring, knowledgeable home for my Old German Owl pigeons.
    There are 7 but a couple hens are setting eggs so there may be more very soon
    Serious inquiries only please!
    i'm in frederick county, maryland

2. ronott1

ronott1 A chicken will always remember the egg Premium Member Project Manager

Mar 31, 2011
    Wodland, CA
    My Coop
    So sorry to hear that!

I hope they find a good home.

3. josebeth1

josebeth1 Chirping

Apr 16, 2009
    Hudson, OH
    More intrusive government.......could we get any pettier and more ridiculous than 7 pigeons (and small breed at that)? Somehow I highly doubt these birds would encourage anyone to run right out and buy enough pigeons to start creating a health hazard since keeping pigeons is such a common and well-known practice in today's society! (Please don't let someone NOT get the sarcasm here!)

How much more do we keep tolerating? And to think, I couldn't wait to move back to my country from Mexico in 1997.......

I so wish I could give these guys a home right now, but I've got the same kind of government leaders here!

1 person likes this.
  4. arturolozano

arturolozano Chirping

Dec 12, 2009
    Fresno California
    I AM IN CALIFORNIA IF YOU CAN SEND THEM. I PAY FOR THE SHIPPING FOR ALL . [email protected] . I got two hens no cocks . you put local. but I'm interested in them . I don't have the problem her . thank you

Last edited: Dec 10, 2012
  5. mhwc56

mhwc56 Songster

Aug 5, 2010
    my house in maryland
    Hey folks ,thanks for all the responses! [​IMG]
    I have found a wonderful home for my OGOs .

6. sauget

sauget Hatching

Apr 15, 2012
    I would love to have these birds. I already own some German Owl Pigeons, but have plenty of room for more. I am just not sure how i could possibly get them with yu kliving so far away

7. indiolove5161

indiolove5161 Hatching

Feb 11, 2013
    I am a 51 year old man and I have pigeons I will like to have those I have a big yard coop for them I live in Pontiac mi andi wish I could get them thank you .

8. ronott1

ronott1 A chicken will always remember the egg Premium Member Project Manager

Mar 31, 2011
    Wodland, CA
    My Coop
    Hi and Welcome to BYC!

[​IMG]

I think someone already got the pigeons.

9. flea4leah

flea4leah In the Brooder

Apr 14, 2013
    Hi I am in alma Michigan. My friend lily recently passed away and loved owls. I know they aren't actual owls but the name reminds me of her. So I was wondering if you would be able to send me 2 and pay for shipping and handling if not then thanks anyway.

10. mike f

mike f Hatching

May 4, 2013
    Hello, I know this is late, but have you sold your birds yet.
    thanks mike

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by