Old girl in trouble

Sadly Girly passed overnight.:hit I did open her to see if I could find out what caused this. I found a lash egg covered in broken bits of shell. It was about 3 inches long. She also had a lot of fat. We have processed roos before but I have never seen this much fat. About 1 inch thick and covered everything up to her liver. I'm I over feeding? Liver looked good and so did her heart. I will read up on lash eggs and the cause,to keep the other girls healthy. Thank you all for your help and support, it means a great deal to me.:hugsBYC is the best!

Oh no! Im very very sorry for Your loss :hugs:hugs:hugs:hugs:hugsif Im not in error you supported me with one of my ill hens, so i really want to reciprocate with a big hug:hugs

Hi all! When it rains it pours :( So I have a 5 yr old Barred Rock hen Girly, that I thought has an impacted crop. Not empty in the morning,no smell,stinky runny poop plus drinking like a fish! Oil,massage,repeat and it felt like her crop would go down. She would eat a few bites,then nothing. Gave her some time and repeat. This has been going on for days! She is loosing weight. This morning she has this hard dark poop but still acting the same. Yesterday was real nice so I let her out and she just started fights that she can't finish with the other hens. She is top hen. I feed grower,corn as a treat and free range. Any thoughts? I have her in the house to keep her warm and quiet. Got her on wazine 17 today,just in case its worms. She is not egg bound and has not laid any eggs for a couple of months.She just got a butt bath so she is giving me the stink eye! Thought I could handle this one but I'm stumped.:idunno
View attachment 2011761View attachment 2011762
Just treat her the way you did when you first fell so in love with her. She'l snap out of it! oops,I'm sorry too!

I cant wait till my hens wake up so I can go hug them!:love
Me too! I have one in the house because she can't handle cold at all. I want to wake her up and cuddle her i need to let her sleep. DSC00776.JPG

Back
Top Bottom