Old hens

Our 9 yr old laid a green egg yesterday (Or was it two days ago?)
She laid regularly, like every 2-3 days, for about a month in the spring last year (March or April). But 2 years before that no eggs at all.

However, late this afternoon I her tail was down and she was waddling slowly. I’m afraid she maybe eggbound. I’ll give her a baking soda bath tomorrow morning and see what happens.
If it's been 2 days she probably would have already passed away.
I'd give her calcium citrate +D3, one tablet once a day, it'll help her pass an egg if thats the case.
What do you feed her?

If it's been 2 days she probably would have already passed away.
I'd give her calcium citrate +D3, one tablet once a day, it'll help her pass an egg if thats the case.
What do you feed her?
Good news, she laid her green egg in the morning. I forgot to take a picture before I cooked it. But it was longer than wider, same with the first egg last week.
I will try the Calcium next time. She did have some oyster shell that night before she went in to sleep, so that helped.

I feed them whole seed layer feed from Scratch and Peck. But she also loves black oil sunflower seed. It’s our nightly routine that she eats off my hand. She got me well-trained.

Good news, she laid her green egg in the morning. I forgot to take a picture before I cooked it. But it was longer than wider, same with the first egg last week.
I will try the Calcium next time. She did have some oyster shell that night before she went in to sleep, so that helped.
That's good!
I feed them whole seed layer feed from Scratch and Peck. But she also loves black oil sunflower seed. It’s our nightly routine that she eats off my hand. She got me well-trained.
Don't feed too many treats, treats shouldn't make up more than 10% of their diet.

Back
Top Bottom