old incubator

JessicaF

Hatching
6 Years
Mar 28, 2013
I just but a old Chicken Farm and all the farm items came with the purchase. Left was a large wood incubator, plaque says it is a Buckeye 1909 incubator. I've tried to research on google and have not found anything like this. It is a large walk in room with split doors on 3 sides. On one side the bottoms open as well, like small doots. The exterior is made of wood and the doors have 4 latches on each. it has a hand crank I guess to lower the brooder or turn the eggs...I am not certain. The doors have metal "peep" holes in the top section. The brooder is hanging in the right corner of the picture along with the heat reflectors that say "oaked heat shield" I also can not find anything on the brooder either. Can anyone help with identify these items? We have a small amount of chickens and will never use the incubator for its orginal purpose.
thank you

That would be great to see restored and working! Do you have any pictures of the interior?

my husband was thinking of making it a club house for our kids, right know I am using it for a tack room and storing my feed in it. I dont see any rotting wood on it so I'm not sure if it could be moved but it is a barn out of the weather. I think it is beautiful but cant find any thing about it on the internet.

Last edited:
Thanks everyone for the info and interest in this incubator, anything is helpful. We have uncovered the racks, first picture. The second picture is one of the two brooders that are with it.
We are uncovering more and more as we go threw things...hoping to find the paperwork on it since the original owner kept all of his farm receipts and paperwork nicely organized.

Just curious, was/is there a bunch of small chicken houses scattered around the farm? Back then the department of agriculture put out some helpful books to help the small farmer.

Just curious, was/is there a bunch of small chicken houses scattered around the farm? Back then the department of agriculture put out some helpful books to help the small farmer.

I dont see any but can look better to see if I seen any evidence of some that may have been torn down.

Back
Top Bottom