Old iranian Flower Hen (Golin)

yes but mesopotamia mideleast region very alt and anshent
Middle East is the route breeds I mention went through as brought up into Europe. My fighting chickens were acquired through Greeks, who got them from Persians, who got them from what is now Pakistan / India. My fighting chickens are likely closer what originally came from Pakistan / India than anything still present along that route.

Middle East is the route breeds I mention went through as brought up into Europe. My fighting chickens were acquired through Greeks, who got them from Persians, who got them from what is now Pakistan / India. My fighting chickens are likely closer what originally came from Pakistan / India than anything still present along that route.
iran game fowl hens , iran named turk game and lari and afgan
game.jpg

iran game fowl hens , iran named turk game and lari and afgan View attachment 1892792
These look like a variant of the Aseel or Asil out of Pakistan and India. Despite the Aseel / Asil form being reputed as older, I think the bankovid type, that is closer to what the first domesticated chickens looked like, is actually older. I find it difficult to comprehend how an animal like the current oriental gamefowl could be developed first during domestication to then give rise to bankovid type games that resemble much more closely the the hybrid Red Jungle Fowl x Grey Jungle Fowl from which all chickens are derived.

This is the bankovid type I keep, which unfortunately for purposes of comparison does not represent the same color variant of your example. Bankovid gamefowl station / orientation of body closer to horizontal, feathers more showy, stronger flight potential, lack of attributes suited to long duration combat under high heat conditions. Rearing conditions for these I think less closely managed relative to what is typical for the Aseel / Asil. Those rearing or cultural differences may have been sustained for far longer than chickens have been beyond their center of origin.
full

full

I think the bankovid gamefowl where better suited for poultry keepers where the technology was less developed, especially during periods of dispersal. The bankovids also played the greater role in development of western chicken breeds with later admixture of the oriental breeds.

The bankivids, like the Oriental gamefowl are extremely variable in terms of coloration.

Back
Top Bottom